MDI Forms: 2 quick Qs

Hi all, two quick questions...
1. Why can't you hide an MDI child form?
2. Why is it not advisable to change FormStyle at runtime? (help on
FormStyle states that it is not advisable)

TIA
Justin.

Re:MDI Forms: 2 quick Qs

Justin Jones schrieb:

> 2. Why is it not advisable to change FormStyle at runtime? (help on
> FormStyle states that it is not advisable)

Well, I don't know why, but I tried to change the formstyle in an app of
mine and I got a {*word*193} access violation. But I think that this is just
another problem in CBuilder, because many programs are doing this and
they don't have problems with this (I changed the stay-on-top flag of my
form).
A workaround for this problem (at least I solved my problems with that)
is using Win32API functions (see SetWindowPos(...)).

hth
Michael Liedlgruber

Other Threads