Board index » cppbuilder » Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions

Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions

Hello Newsgroup:

I'm looking for a component that can handle the problem of form
resizing.  Once forms are displayed in the various screen resolutions
and font sizes, many of the controls on the form lose their alignment.

If anyone can suggest some software to handle this problem, as opposed
to coding it, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

 

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


Hi,

I use GTSizer.  Not perfect, but pretty good.   www.genotechs.com,   Be sure
to read their design tips. After getting all your components where you want
them, set alignments to none and add the gtsizer component.

Regards,
Richard Ulrich

Quote
Darryl Philip wrote in message

<388B4C37.4F285...@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>...
Quote
>Hello Newsgroup:

>I'm looking for a component that can handle the problem of form
>resizing.  Once forms are displayed in the various screen resolutions
>and font sizes, many of the controls on the form lose their alignment.

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


You have a few choices:

http://www.flash.net/~qsystems/

http://www.perfectdesign.com/

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


Thank for answering my post Richard.  I'll check out GTSizer.
Quote
Richard Ulrich wrote:

> Hi,

> I use GTSizer.  Not perfect, but pretty good.   www.genotechs.com,   Be sure
> to read their design tips. After getting all your components where you want
> them, set alignments to none and add the gtsizer component.

> Regards,
> Richard Ulrich

> Darryl Philip wrote in message
> <388B4C37.4F285...@mailhost.chi.ameritech.net>...
> >Hello Newsgroup:

> >I'm looking for a component that can handle the problem of form
> >resizing.  Once forms are displayed in the various screen resolutions
> >and font sizes, many of the controls on the form lose their alignment.

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


Thank you for answering my post John. I'm going to check out these sites
right away.

Have a good one.

Quote
John wrote:

> You have a few choices:

> http://www.flash.net/~qsystems/

> http://www.perfectdesign.com/

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


HI:

  What does sizer do that writing a little block of code to resize/scale
yourself won't do?

                                                     Best regards

Re:Form Resizing with varying screen Resolutions


On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 00:42:23 -0500, "Robert F. Tulloch" <tult...@ibm.net> wrote:

Quote
>HI:

>  What does sizer do that writing a little block of code to resize/scale
>yourself won't do?

The one I use, EasySizer, is written, so I don't have to,,,,,
is debugged, has properties to resize fonts, optionally
impose a minimal form size.. etc..

I suppose I could write my own input and output code
to files too but I've other things to do. :)

It's a matter of preference really.  Some things I like to code
myself, but code to control where controls are on a form
starts to take the RAD out of RAD programming for me. :)
I mean, if I'm going to do all this stuff programmatically,
why not use MFC? :)

Mike

--

"Genius gives birth, talent delivers."

           -- Jack Kerouac

(Remove NOSPAM, if present, to reply via email)

Other Threads