Netmaster VCL 5.3 Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a FTP client with the Netmasters Fastnet 5.3
component and Builder 4.0 (Update1) but I'm facing diffuculties. The
worst one is when the user enters a wrong ip address (either dotted form
or verbal form) and when the ftp control's connect method is set, it
launches the invalid host event. And eventhough i handle it, it gives an
access violation error. And my program crashes! Same thing happens for
when the username is wrong too. (From the cpu view i can see the
crashing module is the powersock)

Any help is welcomed!

Raptor.

Re:Netmaster VCL 5.3 Problem

Hi Raptor,
 If you do not get a good reply here also try the internet ng.
 It is widely agreed here that the NM components are not written well.
My advice, if NM does not survive your needs, is to try a different one
at:
http://www.torry.ru
 I like ICS, but you should try them all.
  Good luck, CP:)
Raptor wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to develop a FTP client with the Netmasters Fastnet 5.3
> component and Builder 4.0 (Update1) but I'm facing diffuculties. The
> worst one is when the user enters a wrong ip address (either dotted form
> or verbal form) and when the ftp control's connect method is set, it
> launches the invalid host event. And eventhough i handle it, it gives an
> access violation error. And my program crashes! Same thing happens for
> when the username is wrong too. (From the cpu view i can see the
> crashing module is the powersock)

> Any help is welcomed!

> Raptor.

Other Threads