Killing flicker in an Image or Shape Component

I seem to remember that there's a way of double buffering to eliminate
flicker in moving components on the screen.
Could someone please recap that for me?  Or point me to the proper FAQ?

How do you direct a ->Top and/or ->Left change in property to the back
buffer and then swap it to the front?

The problem arises in trying to smoothly move a Shape and/or Image
component.

Thanks,
Nick

Re:Killing flicker in an Image or Shape Component

"Nicholas Gessler" <gess...@ucla.edu> wrote in message

> I seem to remember that there's a way of double buffering to eliminate
> flicker in moving components on the screen.
> Could someone please recap that for me?  Or point me to the proper FAQ?

Try setting DoubleBuffered to true in the constructor of the form you are
using the shape on.

> How do you direct a ->Top and/or ->Left change in property to the back
> buffer and then swap it to the front?

When setting double buffered to true, The form automatically paints
everything to a back buffer first and then switches between the buffer that
is displayed and the back buffer.

---

Re:Killing flicker in an Image or Shape Component

Wow!  That was simple, and it worked.  Thanks, Nick

"Junk Mail" <JunkM...@GlobalWideCommunications.com> wrote in message

> Try setting DoubleBuffered to true in the constructor of the form you are

using the shape on.

Other Threads