JDKS and the Sasser.C virus

2004-05-05 12:04:59 AM
jbuilder15
Yesterday, at my office, we were infected with the sasser.c virus. My
computer appears clean (XP Pro), now, when I run JBuilder8 using either JDK
1.4.1-b21 or 1.3.1-b24 I have problems. For instance, the class Double no
longer has a parseFloat method. The System object no longer has a
setProperty method, and so on.
I've deleted and restored the 1.31 JDK to no avail. Does anyone have any
suggestions about this?
RON
Black and White Photography: www.ronaldgansphotography.com

Re:JDKS and the Sasser.C virus

Just one additional note: I deinstalled and then reinsteall JBuilder8 to no
avail. Problem remains.
RON
"Ron" <rgans@nospamRonaldgansphotographyDOTcom>wrote in message
Yesterday, at my office, we were infected with the sasser.c virus. My
computer appears clean (XP Pro), now, when I run JBuilder8 using either
JDK
1.4.1-b21 or 1.3.1-b24 I have problems. For instance, the class Double no
longer has a parseFloat method. The System object no longer has a
setProperty method, and so on.

I've deleted and restored the 1.31 JDK to no avail. Does anyone have any
suggestions about this?

RON

Black and White Photography: www.ronaldgansphotography.com

Re:JDKS and the Sasser.C virus

I just found the problem. Some old rt libs included with a library I added
recently. May have nothing to so with the virus. Sorry!!!!!!!
RON
"pnichols" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Ron wrote:

>Just one additional note: I deinstalled and then reinsteall JBuilder8 to
>no avail. Problem remains.

I would check your configuration files in the /bin folder to make sure
they
are pointing to the correct directory. On Linux, there will also e an
entry
in a .jbuilderX folder. I think Windows has this as well under /Documents
and Settings/username.

Check this folder and make sure that any files contained therein, are
correctly pointing to the correct JDK path. I would suggest deleting this
folder entirely and reinstalling JB. But you might find the problem with
one or more of these files.

{smallsort}