JBuilder9 (Linux) installation problem.

2003-11-12 01:27:35 PM
jbuilder9
I'm using Linux Fedora. When I tried to install JB9 the error has came
out : (Before this I used Red Hat 9, it was fine)
Launching installer...
Invocation of this Java Application has caused an
InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
Stack Trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:62)
at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:224)
at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:268)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:398)
at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:363)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at
at
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)
GUI-
I'm looking for solution.

Re:JBuilder9 (Linux) installation problem.

Hassan Mohamed wrote:
[...]

Officially, JBuilder is not supported on Fedora, but that doesn't mean
much. People have successfully installed JBuilder on pretty much all
madern distributions.
Try Googling in the borland.public.jbuilder.linux group for "install"
and "LAX". There are many variations of problems (and solutions) for
Linux installs. If you still don't find the solution in there, then try
reposting this problem in that group, since that's where all the Linux
users hang out.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:<3fb26691$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Hassan Mohamed wrote:
>I'm using Linux Fedora. When I tried to install JB9 the error has came
>out : (Before this I used Red Hat 9, it was fine)
>
>Launching installer...
>
>Invocation of this Java Application has caused an
>InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
>
>Stack Trace:
>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:140)
>at
>java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:62)
>
>at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:224)
>at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:268)
>at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:398)
>at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:363)
>at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source)
>at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>
>at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
>at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)
>GUI-
>

>I'm looking for solution.

Officially, JBuilder is not supported on Fedora, but that doesn't mean
much. People have successfully installed JBuilder on pretty much all
madern distributions.

Try Googling in the borland.public.jbuilder.linux group for "install"
and "LAX". There are many variations of problems (and solutions) for
Linux installs. If you still don't find the solution in there, then try
reposting this problem in that group, since that's where all the Linux
users hang out.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson (TeamB)

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
I have a solution to install and make work Jbuilder on Fedora (don't
know if it's the best way but it's work fine for me)
-->download the JDK1.4.1-05 for linux from SUN (java.sun.com) (I
advise you to download the RPM version) (note that it doesn't work
with 1.4.2 you have to get 1.4.1 !!)
-->install it with "rpm -i xxxxxx" where xxxxx in the name of java
RPM
-->launch JBuilder install with the JDK you have just installed
(to do this run ./per_install LAX_VM /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_05/bin/java)
-->after JBuilder is installed, delete (or move) all files and
sub-folders from the nn/JBuilder/jdk1.4 folder (nn is where you
installed JBuilder)
-->copy all files and subfolders from /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_05/ to
nn/JBuilder/JDK1.4
-->now you just have to start JBuilder with the following command :
nn/JBuilder/bin/jbuilder

{smallsort}