exception in JBX installing @win2003

2003-11-26 09:36:07 PM
jbuilder16
hi,dear sir:
I download the jbuilderX AND start to setup in my win2003 server
but meet a problem.
it will appear a EXCEPTION where extra setup file dialog
BUT IT IS OK WHEN SETUP AT WIN2000
I TRANSLATE ALL MY PC INTO WIN2003
HOW CAN I PLAY IT??OR MODIFY SOME CONFIG???
THANK YOU
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -92
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1444)
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1411)
at ZeroGlh.a(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.JavaHomeMF.a(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.JavaHomeMF.b(Unknown Source)
at
com.zerog.ia.installer.util.magicfolders.MagicFolder.initializeAllMagicFolde
rPaths(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.d(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.c(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at
)
at
.java:25)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Re:exception in JBX installing @win2003

My understanding is that this is a limitation of the 1.4.2
JRE which the installer uses.
The only solution I have heard so far is to run the
installer on an older version such as 1.4.1 which does not
have the bug associated with identifying Windows Server
2003.
I have not tried this, but here is my guess as to how you
would go about making that change:
Run the installer EXE file from your CD or download. The
first thing it does is build an install image in a directory
off the directory where your TMP environment variable
points.
Kill the installer at the first screen (using
Ctrl-Alt-Delete) so that it does not remove the install
image.
Now either delete the JRE from the image (assuming your
Windows Registry points to a JDK 1.4.1) or replace it with
the older JRE. Then run the EXE in the install image.
"sherlock" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
hi,dear sir:
I download the jbuilderX AND start to setup in my win2003
server
but meet a problem.
it will appear a EXCEPTION where extra setup file dialog
BUT IT IS OK WHEN SETUP AT WIN2000
I TRANSLATE ALL MY PC INTO WIN2003
HOW CAN I PLAY IT??OR MODIFY SOME CONFIG???
THANK YOU

Re:exception in JBX installing @win2003

hi,dear sir
it is work ^_^
thank you
"Bill Joy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >glsD
: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

news:3fc4ac46$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
hi,dear sir:

I download the jbuilderX AND start to setup in my win2003
server
but meet a problem.
it will appear a EXCEPTION where extra setup file dialog
BUT IT IS OK WHEN SETUP AT WIN2000
I TRANSLATE ALL MY PC INTO WIN2003
HOW CAN I PLAY IT??OR MODIFY SOME CONFIG???
THANK YOU

{smallsort}