master detail relationships helps

2005-12-06 07:40:42 AM
jbuilder18
Hi,
I have a master-detail relationship between to tables.
table1 contains fileID, filename
table2 contains fileID, date_time, data1, data2 and data3
I was successfully created master-detail relationship between this two
tables.
Master:
select fileID,filename from test1;
details
select fileID,date_time, date,data1,data2,data3 from test2
where fileID =? order by fileID
****************
Now, I need to added two input fields: jdbTextfield1 and jdbTextFild2
jdbTextField1 = start_date,
jdbTextField2 = end_date,
so, the detail query would look something like this...
select fileID,date_time, date,data1,data2,data3 from test2
where fileID =? and date_time>= :start_date and date_time <= :end_date
order by fileID
How would I incorporate the changes using Mater-details relationship?
I know that the two type of parameters can NOT be used at the same time.
If it's not possible, are there any other ways around it.
Thanks,
Tom