Validations on the First Row

2004-07-10 01:29:33 AM
jbuilder4
Hi people?...
A new doubt ... I have an small application where I set a JdbStatusLabel to
queryDataSet component, I catch the statusMessages(invalid & required
fields) and show them to the user ... simple, isn't it?
so ... when I add the first row to a jdbTable (with a JdbNavToolBar) the
jdbStatusLabel doesn´t work ..(the post row event doesn't fired) ... only
the first row. there's no problem with the next rows ...
one more thing ..when I navigate through a JdbTable with the TAB key there's
distorsion on the screen (actually only in the jdbTable .. there's no
problem with the Enter key)
Any ideas would be really appreciated.
Thks ;=)

Re:Validations on the First Row

Mauricio Meza wrote:
Hi people?...

A new doubt ... I have an small application where I set a JdbStatusLabel
queryDataSet component, I catch the statusMessages(invalid & required
fields) and show them to the user ... simple, isn't it?
so ... when I add the first row to a jdbTable (with a JdbNavToolBar) the
jdbStatusLabel doesn´t work ..(the post row event doesn't fired) ... only
the first row. there's no problem with the next rows ...

one more thing ..when I navigate through a JdbTable with the TAB key
there's distorsion on the screen (actually only in the jdbTable .. there's
no problem with the Enter key)

Any ideas would be really appreciated.
Thks ;=)
Are you using Double or Single Buffering? Also which jre version are you
using?
You may also want to consider using the SwingUtilities, if you are not
currently doing so. Check the JavaSoft site, there is a good deal of
information on using the SwingUtilities and display problems as you are
describing.
In the future, it would be helpful to know what OS and what jre you are
using for us to better offer you assistance.

Re:Validations on the First Row

thks for you answer Paul ..
Sorry .. Did you say single/double buffering ... what's that??
I use jdk1.3.1_08 but with jdk 1.4.2_01 is the same .. Microsoft Windows
2000 Professional as OS.
Thks in advance ... regards

{smallsort}