Cannot pass parameters using GET method when using URLConnection in java.net

2004-12-02 10:59:20 AM
jbuilder11
Hi there everyone. I am finding a hard time sending URL parameters using
the java.net package. I can connect to the specific URL but it seems
that the parameters are not being passed. How do I go about it? By the
way here is the code for a simple application to pass URL parameters
using the GET method but in reality it does not pass the parameters:
HERE IS THE CODE THAT I'M TRYING TO WORK ON
package testing;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.net.*;
public class Servlet1 extends HttpServlet {
//Initialize global variables
}
response) throws
ServletException, IOException {
try {
URL url = new URL(
"http://confserver:8500/index.cfm?");
URLConnection conn = url.openConnection();
conn.setDoOutput(true);
OutputStreamWriter wr = new
OutputStreamWriter(conn.getOutputStream());
wr.write("SMS_MsgTxt=Jonathan");
wr.close();
} catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}
public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws
ServletException, IOException {
doGet(request, response);
}
//Clean up resources
public void destroy() {
}
}

Re:Cannot pass parameters using GET method when using URLConnection in java.net

Hi....
Why not just do it directly? As in
URL url = new
URL("http://confserver:8500/index.cfm?SMS_MsgTxt=Jonathan");
[...]

[...]