Java Mail and SMTP

2007-07-01 06:37:00 AM
jbuilder14
Is there a Windows Variable that I can query to acquire
the Out Going Mail(SMTP) Server Address of a local
PC running and Applet(Java Mail)?
Bruce Houghton

Re:Java Mail and SMTP

This is not part of the standard windows settings.
It is up to the program that the user uses to work with his email. He
may even use web based mail service and in this case there is no such
thing as outgoing smtp server.
I suggest you to send that email message you want to send back to your
web server and send it from there. I'm sure you will know what is your
outgoing smtp server.
Doychin