How do I combine html code with applet

2004-10-03 10:43:03 AM
jbuilder22
As a starter with JBuilder, I'm having trouble with the ABC's. I have
created a simple applet. How do I enter the complementary html code? How
do I run the project in an appletviewer or browser? Please help.

Re:How do I combine html code with applet

You can let JBuilder create the html for you. You don't say which version of
JBuilder you are using, but in JBuilderX, if you click file|new|web, you
should be able to select the applet icon. One of the options of the applet
wizard is generate HTML page. This will generate your html code.
The JBuilder documentation should have applet tutorials included in it, this
should give you a good start. If you have the foundation version, you'll
have to download the documentation in a separate download to access the
tutorials.
Provided your browser ALREADY has a plug-in (1.4 or higher) installed or
your code is compatible with the default browser JVM then you code should
run by double-clicking the html file (assuming you are in a windows
environment). If you use any jar files, you'll need to reference those in
your html via the archive attribute.
If you need the plug-in to install automatically take a look at the
HtmlConverter.exe which should be located in
.........\JBuilderX\jdk1.4\bin
If you want to see how to run your applet via the appletviewer, run the
applet within JBuilder and have a look in the message panel. It will show
you the full command that is being used to run the applet simply copy and
paste this into the command line.
Finally, don't expect your applet to run outside of JBuilder without
problems if you try to access any of the resources on your PC. You'll need
to swat up on the applet security sandbox. You can work around the sandbox
by either digitally signing you applet code or by altering the default
security policy file. If you look in the message pane you'll see that
JBuilder changes the security policy file as follows
-Djava.security.policy="C:/Documents and
Settings/myuser/.jbuilderX/appletviewer.policy"
JBuilder does a really good job of shielding you from many of the issues
that you'll face when running in a browser.
Hope this helps a little
Arth

news:415f6734$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>As a starter with JBuilder, I'm having trouble with the ABC's. I have
>created a simple applet. How do I enter the complementary html code? How
>do I run the project in an appletviewer or browser? Please help.

Wow! Your response was beyond expectations. Thanks.

{smallsort}