Newbie - Import java code in Jbuilder9

2003-06-30 07:46:03 AM
jbuilder18
Hi
I hope somebody can help me outthere
I am trying to import a java project in Jbuilder9 but i can't find the
import function.
The collection of javafiles that i need to import a lying in a folder
structure.
I need to import all these java classes an afterwords convert them to an UML
class diagram.
Do sombody have some hints for me?
Thanks in adwance
John Stubbe
Denmark

Re:Newbie - Import java code in Jbuilder9

create a new project then add files to project
from the project menu
or right click on the left project pane and coose add files

On 6/29/2003 at 7:46:03 PM, John Stubbe wrote:
I am trying to import a java project in Jbuilder9 but i can't find
the import function.
One options is "New..." | "Project" | "Project from existing code". As
I recall, the last time I tried it, it creates a project pointing to a
body of code somewhere else. This should work pretty well if you have
a project in a different environment and you want to try building it
with JBuilder.
If you are trying to create a project that you will be maintaining with
JBuilder, I would recommend a different approach. Use the normal
procedure to create a JBuilder project: New | Project. After you have
created the project, copy the source files to the Source directory that
you specified in the project.
Note that in both cases, your source tree should reflect the package
structure of the Java program. In other words, source files in the
package "com.acme.widgets" should go in "<source>/com/acme/widgets",
where <source>is one of the directories on your source path.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:Newbie - Import java code in Jbuilder9

Thanks a lot, but one extra question. How can i get a complete UML diagram
for the system, thats includes alle the packages where all my clases are
lying in? I am seeking a Class UML diagram, that is build up from the
complete project. Is that possible?
Kind regards
John

On 7/1/2003 at 2:31:24 PM, John Stubbe wrote:
How can i get a complete UML diagram for the system, thats includes
alle the packages where all my clases are lying in? I am seeking a
Class UML diagram, that is build up from the complete project.
There is nothing in JBuilder that will do that. It does generate UML
diagrams for single classes and for packages (see the UML content pane
tab). You can print those one at a time, but AFAIK, that is it.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]