result set is type_forward_only

2004-08-27 04:41:30 AM
jbuilder5
Statement stmt = conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
ResultSet DBRecordSet = stmt.executeQuery(SQLStatement);
DBRecordSet.first();
why does this generate a
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriverNotCapableException: Result set is
TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY
message?
Aren't I telling it to be TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE?

Re:result set is type_forward_only

Chris M wrote:

Statement stmt = conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

ResultSet DBRecordSet = stmt.executeQuery(SQLStatement);

DBRecordSet.first();

why does this generate a

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriverNotCapableException: Result set is
TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY

message?

Aren't I telling it to be TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE?
I believe it is trying to tell you
1. You can't do that, I don't support TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE
2. So instead, I'll give you TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:result set is type_forward_only

yes i just noticed that they dont support scrollable result sets. What
is the norm for people who need to move back and forth in a result set.
Is there another class that we can push all the results into ? and
then scroll in that.
Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Chris M wrote:

>Statement stmt =
>conn.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
>ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
>
>ResultSet DBRecordSet = stmt.executeQuery(SQLStatement);
>
>DBRecordSet.first();
>
>why does this generate a
>
>org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriverNotCapableException: Result set is
>TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY
>

>message?
>
>Aren't I telling it to be TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE?

I believe it is trying to tell you

1. You can't do that, I don't support TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE
2. So instead, I'll give you TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY

{smallsort}

Chris M wrote:
yes i just noticed that they dont support scrollable result sets. What
is the norm for people who need to move back and forth in a result set.
Is there another class that we can push all the results into ? and then
scroll in that.
I'm not really much of a database person. You might want to move that
question into the borland.public.jbuilder.database group for the db
guru's to answer.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Chris M < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
yes i just noticed that they dont support scrollable result sets.
What is the norm for people who need to move back and forth in a
result set. Is there another class that we can push all the results
into ? and then scroll in that.
If you have Developer or Enterprise, try using the DataSet etc.
classes in Borland's DataExpress.