How to connect JasperReport on JBuilder data module with JDataStore database query

2006-02-13 12:00:30 AM
jbuilder13
I'm working on a database application in Borland JBuilder 2006 on Linux
Fedora Core 4 platform. I choose JDataStore as database, and
JasperReports for reporting part.
Is there a way to connect JasperReport and JBuilder data module
JDataStore database connection ?
My JasperReport/JDataStore connection code now looks like this>
try {
String FILE =
"/home/brunetdj/my/source/jbuilder/info2006/rpt/pregled.jrxml";
JasperPrint jasperPrint = new JasperPrint();
Map inputParameters = new HashMap();
Connection rpt_db = null;
try {
Class.forName("com.borland.datastore.jdbc.DataStoreDriver");
} catch (ClassNotFoundException ex) {
}
try {
rpt_db =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:borland:dslocal:/home/brunetdj/my/source/jbuilder/info2006/data/podaci.jds",
"SYSDBA",
"masterkey");
} catch (SQLException ex1) {
}
inputParameters.put("sometitle","first report");
JasperReport jasper_report =
JasperCompileManager.compileReport(FILE);
JasperPrint printed_report =
JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasper_report,
inputParameters, rpt_db);
JasperViewer.viewReport(printed_report,false);
}
catch (JRException excecao) {
System.out.println("Error: " + excecao.getMessage());
}
Please, help, if any can ...
P.S. Point is to put in rpt_db my JBuilder data module connection.

Re:How to connect JasperReport on JBuilder data module with JDataStore database query

You can use JDBC with jasperreport so if you can just provide an URL to your
database in order jasper to connect to your database it wount be a problem
to make your report.
Doychin