Anyone ever received gray screen for jsp on source editor pane

2005-06-15 05:10:32 AM
jbuilder19
In JBUILDER when I bring up a .jsp file I am not getting any
html source being displayed in the source editor pane. It's
just giving me a grey screen. Is this a specific setting that is
not allowing me to see the source?

Re:Anyone ever received gray screen for jsp on source editor pane

sherry wrote:
In JBUILDER when I bring up a .jsp file I am not getting any
html source being displayed in the source editor pane. It's
just giving me a grey screen. Is this a specific setting that is
not allowing me to see the source?
Try running jbuilder.exe instead of jbuilderw.exe, and run it with
-verbose. Post back if you see any exceptions when you open your jsp file.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Anyone ever received gray screen for jsp on source editor pane

Lori -
Thanks for the response. I tried that and got the following messages:
JSplitPane weight must be between 0 and 1 at javax.swing.JsplitPane.setResizeWeight<JSplitPane.java:702>at com.borland.primetime.viewer.TextViewerComponent.<init><Unknown Source>
at com.borland.jbuilder.viewer.HtmlNodeSourceViewer.createViewerComponen
t(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.viewer.AbstractNodeViewer.getViewerComponent(Un
known Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.markup.xmt.PropertySheetUpdateController$a_.a(Un
known Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.markup.xmt.PropertySheetUpdateController$a_.acce
ss$000(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.jbuilder.markup.xmt.PropertySheetUpdateController.caretUp
date(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.primetime.viewer.TextView.caretUpdate(Unknown Source)
Sherry

sherry wrote:
[...]

Umm. Hmmm. Is this JSP something that you could post to the
borland.public.attachments group? I'd like to see if this is specific
to the file, or if there is something munged in your JBuilder
configuration that is causing this.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]
question.
Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Anyone ever received gray screen for jsp on source editor pane

Lori -
This is happening for all of my jsps in every project I have and not isolated to one. When you open each jsp file it will just show a gray screen. If click on source tab nothing happens. If click on View will get the view of the screen and if click on refresh button will show the html code somewhat. If click on History tab it will churn away and not get anything. I have even uninstalled and installed my JBUILDER 2005 several times but still have same problem. There must be some hidden file with settings that I don't see that I have missed in the uninstall and is not getting replaced. Know of any files with settings like this? FYI - my other file types (ie .java) are displaying the source fine in the source editor tab.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

sherry wrote:
Lori - This is happening for all of my jsps in every project I have
and not isolated to one. When you open each jsp file it will just
show a gray screen. If click on source tab nothing happens. If click
on View will get the view of the screen and if click on refresh
button will show the html code somewhat. If click on History tab it
will churn away and not get anything. I have even uninstalled and
installed my JBUILDER 2005 several times but still have same problem.
There must be some hidden file with settings that I don't see that I
have missed in the uninstall and is not getting replaced. Know of
any files with settings like this? FYI - my other file types (ie
.java) are displaying the source fine in the source editor tab.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Sherry

When you run JBuilder it creates directories in which to save settings.
When you uninstall/reinstall these directories are not touched.
Basically, you need to look in your home directory for :
<home>\.jbuilder2005
<home>\.primetime2005
You may want to get some of those customizations back, so I recommend
just renaming/moving those directories (when JBuilder is not running).
Then when you restart JBuilder, it will recreate them with default settings.
If that doesn't work, I'd go to support.borland.com and register
a support incident, because there is not much else I can think of.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Basically, you need to look in your home directory for :
<home>\.jbuilder2005
<home>\.primetime2005

You may want to get some of those customizations back, so I recommend
just renaming/moving those directories (when JBuilder is not running).
Then when you restart JBuilder, it will recreate them with default
settings.
I suggest renaming only .jbuilder2005/workspaces to start with. See if
that works. I think it will. If not, then work your way up to the more
drastic approach of renaming the entire .primetime2005 and .jbuilder2005
trees.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Anyone ever received gray screen for jsp on source editor pane

Lori -
It worked!!! Thanks so much for your help. I first tried what Gilmer suggested renaming the workspaces and that didn't work. I then moved both of the directories you specified and restarted JBUILDER again and it worked. Again thanks. I really appreciate your help!!