Embedded database

2006-01-09 09:04:39 PM
jbuilder19
Hello everybody,
does anybody know which reliable, free, embeddeble database with
JDBC drivers exist?
Thank you and compliments 4 the newsgroup

Re:Embedded database

"Vincenzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Hello everybody,
does anybody know which reliable, free, embeddeble database with
JDBC drivers exist?

Thank you and compliments 4 the newsgroup
Sorry: I meant free or commercial

Re:Embedded database

Vincenzo wrote:
"Vincenzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>does anybody know which reliable, free, embeddeble database with
>JDBC drivers exist?
>
>Thank you and compliments 4 the newsgroup

Sorry: I meant free or commercial

HSQLDB. hsqldb.org/
Apache Derby. db.apache.org/derby
JDataStore. www.borland.com/us/products/jdatastore/index.html
These are both pure Java(TM) databases. HSQLDB and Derby are free,
JDataStore is not.
See my article on the Borland Developer Network for how to integrate
Derby in JBuilder.
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33327,00.html
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Embedded database

You might also want to look at:
One$DB: www.daffodildb.com/
Bruce Alspaugh
"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Vincenzo wrote:
>"Vincenzo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>
>>Hello everybody,
>>does anybody know which reliable, free, embeddeble database with
>>JDBC drivers exist?
>>
>>Thank you and compliments 4 the newsgroup
>

>Sorry: I meant free or commercial

HSQLDB. hsqldb.org/

Apache Derby. db.apache.org/derby

JDataStore. www.borland.com/us/products/jdatastore/index.html

These are both pure Java(TM) databases. HSQLDB and Derby are free,
JDataStore is not.

See my article on the Borland Developer Network for how to integrate Derby
in JBuilder.

bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,33327,00.html

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:

Re:Embedded database

Hello.
I am also interested in free java database. The last post mentioned One$DB,
I read a lot of stuff about it, did anyone really try to to something wih
it. People from daffodil are complaining about very very low response, like
everyone is scared to use it, although the database misses good development
tools for writing stored procedures and triggers. So is it any good in real
life(on papers it great).
bye.
"Bruce Alspaugh" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >je napisao u poruci interesnoj
grupi:43d6d9e8$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...