Change Notification in 2 Tier Client-Server Database Application

2003-10-30 08:40:40 PM
jbuilder9
Hi everybody
I am working on a project to develop a 2 Tier Client Server Database
Application.
My problem;
First client application had just completed a query of a particular table.
if a subsequent action by another distinct client changed that data,
how can it be possible to notify and send changes to first client
application.As a result we want to achieve nearly real time operating
project application
Actually I am planning to develop another program that runs on database
server and keeps track of changes on database table by some mechanisms.
on theother hand I am not sure but triggers can be another solution
any bright idea is welcome.

Re:Change Notification in 2 Tier Client-Server Database Application

Harun YARDIMCI wrote:
Hi everybody
I am working on a project to develop a 2 Tier Client Server Database
Application.
My problem;
First client application had just completed a query of a particular table.
if a subsequent action by another distinct client changed that data,
how can it be possible to notify and send changes to first client
application.As a result we want to achieve nearly real time operating
project application

Actually I am planning to develop another program that runs on database
server and keeps track of changes on database table by some mechanisms.
on theother hand I am not sure but triggers can be another solution

any bright idea is welcome.
That is really what the DataSet components are for. Read the docs on the
Database development Guide in the Help files.