creating a bat file

2005-01-27 10:08:08 PM
jbuilder14
Does anyone know how to create a bat file instead of open the jbuilder for
compile the code?? What should i type in the bat file?
Thanks for teaching.

Re:creating a bat file

"Rie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Does anyone know how to create a bat file instead of open the jbuilder for
compile the code?? What should i type in the bat file?
Thanks for teaching.

File Name compileit.bat
echo compiling %1
<yourpathtoj2sdk>\bin\javac %1
to run:
C:\>compileit c:\tmp\SomeClass.java
That's all there is to it.

Re:creating a bat file

it's seem like not working..... my path of jdk1.5.0 is in c:\program
files\java. can you explain more to me? thanks!

"Rie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Does anyone know how to create a bat file instead of open the jbuilder
for
>compile the code?? What should i type in the bat file?
>Thanks for teaching.

File Name compileit.bat

echo compiling %1
<yourpathtoj2sdk>\bin\javac %1

to run:
C:\>compileit c:\tmp\SomeClass.java

That's all there is to it.

{smallsort}

Re:creating a bat file

"Rie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >glsD
:41faeb0d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
it's seem like not working..... my path of jdk1.5.0 is in c:\program
files\java. can you explain more to me? thanks!

>"Rie" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>>Does anyone know how to create a bat file instead of open the jbuilder
for
>>compile the code?? What should i type in the bat file?
>>Thanks for teaching.
>>
>File Name compileit.bat
>
>echo compiling %1
><yourpathtoj2sdk>\bin\javac %1
>

>to run:
>C:\>compileit c:\tmp\SomeClass.java
>

>That's all there is to it.

Thanks for your teaching last time. It's working. But it need those library
for compiling. What should i do?? How to associate the library with the bat
file? I need the DataExpress, dbSwing, MoredbSwing, jdbcDriver.....etc.
Thank you in advance.

Re:creating a bat file

In <41faeb0d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
it's seem like not working..... my path of jdk1.5.0 is in c:\program
files\java. can you explain more to me? thanks!
Generally Java does not like path names with spaces.. You should move
your jdk to a path with no spaces in the names..
John...
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html

Re:creating a bat file

John B. Moore (TeamB) wrote:
In <41faeb0d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:

>it's seem like not working..... my path of jdk1.5.0 is in c:\program
>files\java. can you explain more to me? thanks!

Generally Java does not like path names with spaces.. You should move
your jdk to a path with no spaces in the names..

John...

That's where the JDK 5.0 *wants* to install by default. I *really,
really* hope that Sun put some work into those "spaces in directory
names" issues before they rolled that out.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:creating a bat file

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????:41fffa78$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
John B. Moore (TeamB) wrote:

>In <41faeb0d$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
>
>>it's seem like not working..... my path of jdk1.5.0 is in c:\program
>>files\java. can you explain more to me? thanks!
>

>Generally Java does not like path names with spaces.. You should move
>your jdk to a path with no spaces in the names..
>
>John...

That's where the JDK 5.0 *wants* to install by default. I *really,
really* hope that Sun put some work into those "spaces in directory
names" issues before they rolled that out.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Newsgroup Searches:
Joi Ellis's FAQ-O-Matic:
Ok. I have done with the spaces issue. Now my problems is how to compile
with the borlans's and jdbs library? Another question is it seem like occur
an error if i inherit my other java file in the source code. How to solve
that? thanks for help

Re:creating a bat file

In <41fffa78$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
John B. Moore (TeamB) wrote:
That's where the JDK 5.0 *wants* to install by default. I *really,
really* hope that Sun put some work into those "spaces in directory
names" issues before they rolled that out.

Well, that has been true for many of the JDK installs in the past..
Does that surprise anyone...<evil grin>

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
Ok. I have done with the spaces issue. Now my problems is how to
compile with the borlans's and jdbs library?
Well, assuming one reads the help files..???<G>You go to
Tools|Configure|JDK..
..and take it from there...
Another question is it
seem like occur an error if i inherit my other java file in the source
code. How to solve that? thanks for help
Since my "mind reading" ability is on the fritz... I would need the
the stack trace of that error to even begin with a suggestion..

"John B. Moore (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
???????: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
>Ok. I have done with the spaces issue. Now my problems is how to
>compile with the borlans's and jdbs library?

Well, assuming one reads the help files..???<G>You go to
Tools|Configure|JDK..

..and take it from there...

Another question is it
>seem like occur an error if i inherit my other java file in the source
>code. How to solve that? thanks for help

Since my "mind reading" ability is on the fritz... I would need the
the stack trace of that error to even begin with a suggestion..
I am already compiling in the dos window. I had inherited a class of another
java file into the main java file. For example: gui GUI = new gui(); where
gui() is from another java file. The error is "cannot resolve symbol".
By the way, i know where are those libraris located. But what should i do
with that so that it's "imported" when i m compiling in the dos. (I think
those terms i used has problems, sorry for that. hope you can understand me)

Re:creating a bat file

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
I am already compiling in the dos window. I had inherited a class of
another java file into the main java file. For example: gui GUI = new
gui(); where gui() is from another java file. The error is "cannot
resolve symbol". By the way, i know where are those libraris located.
But what should i do with that so that it's "imported" when i m
compiling in the dos. (I think those terms i used has problems, sorry
for that. hope you can understand me)
Sounds to me that you need to do some basic reading on how Java works..
We can not type the volumes here needed to explain all of this and there
are the volumes of information readily available on the web.. Start
reading..
Lookup "class path" for starters...<G>
>>>..cannot resolve symbol...
Typically you have a variable that is not defined within a class..
JBuilder should have highlited that for you..before compiling was
required. But it sounds like you are not using JBuilder if you are
compiling in a "dos" window, therefore, not using JBuilder, therefore, I
must ask the obvious.. "Why are you posting here?" (a JBuilder support
newsgroup)
Remember that the word "import" is not what it seems to mean.. again
you need to research this on your own..

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
>I am already compiling in the dos window. I had inherited a class of
>another java file into the main java file. For example: gui GUI = new
>gui(); where gui() is from another java file. The error is "cannot
>resolve symbol". By the way, i know where are those libraris located.
>But what should i do with that so that it's "imported" when i m
>compiling in the dos. (I think those terms i used has problems, sorry
>for that. hope you can understand me)

Sounds to me that you need to do some basic reading on how Java works..
We can not type the volumes here needed to explain all of this and there
are the volumes of information readily available on the web.. Start
reading..

Lookup "class path" for starters...<G>

Typically you have a variable that is not defined within a class..
JBuilder should have highlited that for you..before compiling was
required. But it sounds like you are not using JBuilder if you are
compiling in a "dos" window, therefore, not using JBuilder, therefore, I
must ask the obvious.. "Why are you posting here?" (a JBuilder support
newsgroup)

Remember that the word "import" is not what it seems to mean.. again
you need to research this on your own..

John..

I was asking here because i created the project in jbuilder. And i am trying
to compile it in dos. Anyway, thanks for the information. I think i better
research it by myself. Thanks for the help.

Re:creating a bat file

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
I was asking here because i created the project in jbuilder. And i am
trying to compile it in dos. Anyway, thanks for the information. I
think i better research it by myself. Thanks for the help.
Curious.. Why would you do that..??? Seems a bit like buying a new
car and then walking to work..?????

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
>I was asking here because i created the project in jbuilder. And i am
>trying to compile it in dos. Anyway, thanks for the information. I
>think i better research it by myself. Thanks for the help.

Curious.. Why would you do that..??? Seems a bit like buying a new
car and then walking to work..?????

John..

Because i have to run the program that i created in a slow computer. If i
use jbuilder to compile it will be very very slow... So i have to do it in
dos

Re:creating a bat file

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >Rie wrote:
Because i have to run the program that i created in a slow computer.
If i use jbuilder to compile it will be very very slow... So i have to
do it in dos
Given the price of new computers these days, that is also amazing...