Sharing info between two programs that will work over all os.

2004-04-25 04:42:02 AM
jbuilder21
If I need to share info between two programs written in java. Is there a
mechanism for doing this? Or is the only option to write to a comon
named file using hash table. Or is there something along the lines of
the registry that you can use on linux, mac or windows.

Re:Sharing info between two programs that will work over all os.

Joe Vasher wrote:
If I need to share info between two programs written in java. Is there a
mechanism for doing this? Or is the only option to write to a comon
named file using hash table. Or is there something along the lines of
the registry that you can use on linux, mac or windows.
According how you want to share this info. If you want to use the same say
startup params, a simple text file, or XML file can be used.
If you need to share live data or Objects, take your pick, RMI, Corba, EJBs,
or Web Services. What you use and how is up to you.
Mac OS X and Linux have more in common than Windows and Mac does. Basically,
however, most configuration or start-up type files will default to the home
directories for access.
Example:
Windows:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName