install BOTH JBuilder X Foundation and JBuilder EE v. 7?

2004-04-05 10:34:23 PM
jbuilder9
Hi all, I already have JBuilder v. 7 Enterprise Edition installed on a
Windows XP machine. Is it possible to install JBuilder Foundation X on the
same machine (in different installation folders) and use both versions
simultaneously? Thank you very much!

Re:install BOTH JBuilder X Foundation and JBuilder EE v. 7?

sue wrote:
Hi all, I already have JBuilder v. 7 Enterprise Edition installed on a
Windows XP machine. Is it possible to install JBuilder Foundation X on the
same machine (in different installation folders) and use both versions
simultaneously? Thank you very much!

Yes. They may fight over who handles the .jpx and .java, etc file
extensions (ie - who opens up when you double-click on one of those
files in the Explorer), but that is the only issue I know of.
But once you start using a JBuilder X on a project file, though, do not
expect to be able to used that project file again in JB7. There are
project file differences between versions that are not backward compatible.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)