Re: JBuilderX

2003-10-21 10:12:01 PM
jbuilder22
Holy {*word*99}. Seems "X" is the "IN" thing at Borland nowadays.
First there was C++BuilderX and now, JBuilderX.
What's next? DelphiX? <vbg>
Jax

Re:Re: JBuilderX

Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
www.infoworld.com/article/03/10/21/HNjbuilderx_1.html

Cool. A couple of things to note.
1. Support for JBoss. Yay. See, your votes in Quality Central *DO*
count for something. Now get back in there and vote for something ELSE
besides JBoss support. ;-)
2. I like that they went back to the "Foundation" name, for the low-end
version. People remember that the license changed (became more
restrictive) when the name changed to "Personal". Hopefully this name
change will make people realize that the license got loosened up a lot.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Re: JBuilderX

It's not JBuilderX, but JBuilder X, as in "10".
www.borland.com/jbuilder/index.html
"Jax Santiago" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >schreef in bericht

"Lori M Olson (TeamB)" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
2. I like that they went back to the "Foundation" name, for the
low-end
version.
Anyone want to take bets on when we'll see the next version of JBuilder
where they don't change one of the SKU's? :-)
Is this history right?
JBX: Personal ->Foundation
JB9: SE ->Developer
JB8: no changes?
JB7: Professional ->SE
JB5/6: one of these was the Foundation ->Personal transition
You didn't mention code folding which is another big victory for QC
votes.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Re: JBuilderX

Yea !!
Well I really like this piece:
"JBuilder Foundation, the successor to JBuilder Personal" :) I'm pretty
sure my first all java version of JB was JB3.0 Foundation...
Also can somebody tell me where is the code folding in JB9 ?
"JBuilder also has improved code folding"
Alexey N. Solofnenko a écrit :
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
[The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re:Re: JBuilderX

Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) a écrit :
Anyone want to take bets on when we'll see the next version of JBuilder
where they don't change one of the SKU's? :-)
Funny they still haven't changed the name of the Enterprise version...
Is this history right?

JBX: Personal ->Foundation
JB9: SE ->Developer
JB8: no changes?
Disappointement, there is no change there
JB7: Professional ->SE
JB5/6: one of these was the Foundation ->Personal transition
It was JB5 (additional change on 5, you didn't need to install
foundation first -- source: JB5 Pro what's new)
--

"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>wrote in message
Also can somebody tell me where is the code folding in JB9 ?
"JBuilder also has improved code folding"
That just means the guy at InfoWorld who wrote the article is an idiot.
Here's a more official press release that gets it right.
biz.yahoo.com/bw/031021/215494_1.html
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Re: JBuilderX

"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Yea !!

Well I really like this piece:
"JBuilder Foundation, the successor to JBuilder Personal" :) I'm pretty
sure my first all java version of JB was JB3.0 Foundation...
I bet you mean here your ...plain/pure Java... version. - I remember pretty
well those days, after I had downloaded the first pure java based JB3.0
Foundation version, I've started to write my first JB OT (a JavadocTool
replacement), since I missed somehow the former JB3.0 Ent JavadocTool sooo
much. Borland then next presented JB3.5 as pure Java JB version, which was
available for all SKUs.
Also can somebody tell me where is the code folding in JB9 ?
"JBuilder also has improved code folding"
Well, what do expect from non-coders... the guy who wrote the article
possibly never sawor used any JB9 version in reality...
-vkyr

Re:Re: JBuilderX

news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Also can somebody tell me where is the code folding in JB9 ?
>"JBuilder also has improved code folding"

That just means the guy at InfoWorld who wrote the article is an idiot.
Here's a more official press release that gets it right.

biz.yahoo.com/bw/031021/215494_1.html

Well, it should, since it's from Borland itself. - What a surprise, Borland
now officially recovered the importance of the good old OTAPI... in the past
they always didn't mentioned it explicitely with such an "tam tam..". Thus
it seems for me, that they now do it to hold against the Eclipse plug-ins
api featurism.
However, can you explain this "Ecosystem" naming nomenclature now for the
OTAPI? See: "..This allows us to continue to support the ecosystem around
JBuilder and offer customers additional functionality from our third-party
community...". AFAIK, Eco stems from aka Bold and is therefor more known for
Delphi and C#B instead of JB...or...?
-Valentino

Re:Re: JBuilderX

Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) a écrit :
"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>wrote in message
news: XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>Also can somebody tell me where is the code folding in JB9 ?
>"JBuilder also has improved code folding"
That just means the guy at InfoWorld who wrote the article is an idiot.
sorry I should have put the ";)" sign
Here's a more official press release that gets it right.
biz.yahoo.com/bw/031021/215494_1.html
yes much better
--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
[The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re:Re: JBuilderX

hum, one bad point though : there is obviously no java phones in
Borland.... or may be they think only corporate can buy those things
->the foundation edition has no support for the WTK
(www.borland.com/jbuilder/pdf/jbx_feamatrix.pdf)

Valentino Kyriakides a écrit :
>sure my first all java version of JB was JB3.0 Foundation...
I bet you mean here your ...plain/pure Java... version. - I remember pretty
hence the _all_ java ;)
well those days, after I had downloaded the first pure java based JB3.0
Foundation version, I've started to write my first JB OT (a JavadocTool
replacement), since I missed somehow the former JB3.0 Ent JavadocTool sooo
much. Borland then next presented JB3.5 as pure Java JB version, which was
available for all SKUs.
oh is it that old, I didn't realise your OT dated that far back
Well, what do expect from non-coders... the guy who wrote the article
possibly never sawor used any JB9 version in reality...
:(
yes I know...
--
Ludovic
"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
[The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re:Re: JBuilderX

"Ludovic HOCHET" <personne@nullepart>schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Valentino Kyriakides a écrit :
>>sure my first all java version of JB was JB3.0 Foundation...
>available for all SKUs.
oh is it that old, I didn't realise your OT dated that far back
The base of the orig "JavadocTool" is very old and is modeled after the old
former times JB3.0 Ent javadoc tool. AFAI remember it was first time
officially available via Anders Norlins JBOT server (or was it Codecentral
instead...?).- However, over the years I've reworked that one several times
and also branched out once upon a time the JavadocWizard out of it's base,
~before JB4 arrived.
-Valentino

Re:Re: JBuilderX

I bet you mean here your ...plain/pure Java... version. - I remember
pretty
well those days, after I had downloaded the first pure java based JB3.0
Foundation version, I've started to write my first JB OT (a JavadocTool
replacement), since I missed somehow the former JB3.0 Ent JavadocTool sooo
much. Borland then next presented JB3.5 as pure Java JB version, which
was
available for all SKUs.

Technically it was JBuilder 3.1, which was a remake of JBuilder 3, after the
Solaris port of that version.