Classpath for Datamodeler

2003-12-19 10:23:04 PM
jbuilder21
I'm connection to a remote Oracle database. I downloaded the jar file
from Oracle that contains the driver.
The Application itself can connect, even if I ran it from JBuilder 9,
but the Datamodeler will always complain :
"Driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver could not be loaded. This could
be a problem with the driver itself, or that the driver is not found on
the class path."
When I selected the driver for my connection. Oracle driver was
available, but it was colored red.
I added the jar file that contains the driver to the required LIB and
the default libs. It looks like those parameters are not evaluated
for Datamodeler. Any suggestions how to get around this problem?
Tx Frederic

Re:Classpath for Datamodeler

Frederic Nicholson wrote:
I'm connection to a remote Oracle database. I downloaded the jar file
from Oracle that contains the driver.
The Application itself can connect, even if I ran it from JBuilder 9,
but the Datamodeler will always complain :

"Driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver could not be loaded. This could
be a problem with the driver itself, or that the driver is not found on
the class path."

When I selected the driver for my connection. Oracle driver was
available, but it was colored red.

I added the jar file that contains the driver to the required LIB and
the default libs. It looks like those parameters are not evaluated
for Datamodeler. Any suggestions how to get around this problem?

Tx Frederic

If you are using JB Enterprise, then go to Tools | Enterprise Setup,
Database Drivers tab, and then add the library you created that holds
the Oracle drivers.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
Frederic Nicholson wrote:

>I'm connection to a remote Oracle database. I downloaded the jar file
>from Oracle that contains the driver.
>The Application itself can connect, even if I ran it from JBuilder 9,
>but the Datamodeler will always complain :
>
>"Driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver could not be loaded. This
>could be a problem with the driver itself, or that the driver is not
>found on the class path."
>
>When I selected the driver for my connection. Oracle driver was
>available, but it was colored red.
>
>I added the jar file that contains the driver to the required LIB and
>the default libs. It looks like those parameters are not evaluated
>for Datamodeler. Any suggestions how to get around this problem?
>
>Tx Frederic

If you are using JB Enterprise, then go to Tools | Enterprise Setup,
Database Drivers tab, and then add the library you created that holds
the Oracle drivers.

One more thing:
make sure that the class for your driver is in ur classpath

{smallsort}