*** JBuilderX refuses to show the content of its main window :o( [LINUX RH 9.0] ***

2004-01-18 07:56:40 AM
jbuilder19
Hi,
I have been trying JBuilder (Enterprise trial) for 2 days now - it is
really good -
However, without any reason it stopped displaying the content of its
main window (where the tree panel, the source editor .etc.. are
displayed).
The last action I performed on this window was closing a few JSP files
- the funny thing is that it looks like the menus work still: I can do
a file>open file OK or open another project, but the main window panel
keep anoyingly *gray*, without any content. Also all the the other
menus seem to work, and the ones causing a popup to show up (e.g.
project configuration / server configuration .etc...) seem to work OK
too - but this is it - JBuilder is un-usable :-/
I have uninstalled / reinstalled thwe software - same problem.
I believe that it might be that the settings file that keep
information about where JBuilder shall open its window/its size at
startup / what files are to be opened (has this information is saves
somewhere) is corrupted but I don't know how to fix this problem.
My machines is a Intel PC running a standard RedHat 9.0 installation.
Thanks for your help

Re:*** JBuilderX refuses to show the content of its main window :o( [LINUX RH 9.0] ***

I have find a way to work around this problem:
I have deleted the ~/.jbuilderX directory - It is rebuilt by JBuilder
on the next startup and holds different setting information - this
solution is not ideal :-/ but my problem is sorted now :o)