Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

2004-06-07 10:24:56 PM
jbuilder2
Daniel Dark wrote:
I knew the JBuilder 9.0 Personal version is free. however I cannot find it
now on borland download website.
Why not download JBuilder X Foundation? It's also free (more free, in
fact, since it's free for commercial use and JB9 Personal isn't). I
don't think JB9 is available anymore.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

Hello:
I knew the JBuilder 9.0 Personal version is free. however I cannot find it
now on
borland download website.
is there anyone can tell me where I can get it?
thank you
-Daniel mark

Re:Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

"Daniel Dark" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message news:<40c4797e$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM >...
Hello:

I knew the JBuilder 9.0 Personal version is free. however I cannot find it
now on
borland download website.

is there anyone can tell me where I can get it?

thank you
-Daniel mark
Try this link for JBuilder X, which replaces 9:
www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_jbuilder.html#

{smallsort}

Re:Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

Will JBuilder X work on Win98/ME Systems ?
(Sorry if that has been asked before)
"Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)"
Why not download JBuilder X Foundation? It's also free (more free, in
fact, since it's free for commercial use and JB9 Personal isn't). I
don't think JB9 is available anymore.

Re:Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

I didn't switch from 9 to X because I get tired
of trying to keep up with the "upgrades" that
don't buy me anything but the work to switch.
I wouldn't mind an upgrade every time SUN
releases a MAJOR point release. Like from
1.4.x to 1.5.x. And then necessary updates
for MINOR point releases like from 1.4.1 to
1.4.2.
I mean that's what I do anyway. I wait until
there is a major release from SUN that makes
an upgrade from Borland necessary before
I upgrade to the latest JB. And usually I wait
until Borland catches up with the latest release
from SUN. Usually it takes a while. I see in
this news group phrases like,"...SUN just released
that version, we haven't had a chance to support
[this or that feature]..."
This isn't a flame, it is just pragmatism. I don't
think I can even write Java from scratch anymore.
I'm a total BuilderHead. I love JB...

Ken Warner wrote:
This isn't a flame, it is just pragmatism. I don't think I can even
write Java from scratch anymore.
I'm a total BuilderHead. I love JB...
Fair enough. My point was simply that if you're looking for a new
version of JBuilder, as this poster was, there's no reason to
deliberately seek out an old version unless there's something specific
that you need from it that isn't offered in the newer one.
As for whether it will work on Windows 98/Me, it's not officially
supported, but I expect it will work. I don't think you'd be any better
off with JBuilder 9 on Win98/Me than with JBuilder X. Neither of them
is officially supported on those platforms.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: where to download JBuilder 9.0 Personal Version?

I thought that since he didn't even have
JB9, that he probably has an earlier JB
and was hoping that JB9 would still work
in his environment -- or something vague
like that...