JBuilder Indentation

2005-02-24 09:44:48 AM
jbuilder2
Hi,
Is there a way to change the indentation settings that JBuilder uses for the
following examples:
* In an XML file if you display each attribute on a new line and finish with
/>on the bottom line JBuilder will still indent the following line, even
though the tag has been closed.
* In a Java file with no constructor and with a 'method' just called static
it doesn't indent the next line - in fact it moves it back to the margin,
i.e:
public class ... {
private static final....
static {
try {
}
catch (Exception e) {
}
}
}
Regards,
Tim Christopher
Note: I've already set Java Formatting located under Project Properties but
I cannot see anything to do with these there - or is this another 'feature'
;o)

Re:JBuilder Indentation

Tim Christopher wrote:

[...]

XML formatting is called "Markup Formatting", and you find it under
Tools | Preferences, Editor ->Markup Formatting.
There were a number of Java formatting issues fixed in the JB2005
updates. Have you installed Update 3 (aka the Application Servers update)?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:JBuilder Indentation

XML formatting is called "Markup Formatting", and you find it under Tools
| Preferences, Editor ->Markup Formatting.
Hmm... That kind of fixed it. When I select 'Format All' it gives me the
lays out all of my components correctly, however if I press tab whilst the
line is selected (to align it correctly) the line moves across and loses the
indentation. This only occurs on a line immediately preceeding an XML tag
that covers more than one line in length.
There were a number of Java formatting issues fixed in the JB2005 updates.
Have you installed Update 3 (aka the Application Servers update)?
Will have to get round to doing that soon....

{smallsort}