JBuilder 2007 migration

2007-04-24 05:01:11 AM
jbuilder3
Question if jbuilder 2007 no longer uses the dbswing and jbuilder data
aware components from 2006. What package or technology is suppose to
be used as a replacement for that middle layer and components?

Re:JBuilder 2007 migration

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
Question if jbuilder 2007 no longer uses the dbswing and jbuilder data
aware components from 2006. What package or technology is suppose to
be used as a replacement for that middle layer and components?
Let me look into licensing those components for JB2007 and I'll get back
to you.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:JBuilder 2007 migration

XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
Question if jbuilder 2007 no longer uses the dbswing and jbuilder data
aware components from 2006. What package or technology is suppose to
be used as a replacement for that middle layer and components?
Here's the word I got back from CodeGear:
When you buy a JBuilder 2007 license, we include a JBuilder 2006 license
in the box. You are legally allowed to distribute things referenced in
the /redist dir according to the .html file and those aforementioned
pieces are part of that agreement. You may also convert/migrate your old
apps to JB2007. The simple answer is yes, no problem.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 2007 migration

On Apr 25, 9:35 am, "Kevin Dean [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
>Question if jbuilder 2007 no longer uses the dbswing and jbuilder data
>aware components from 2006. What package or technology is suppose to
>be used as a replacement for that middle layer and components?

Here's the word I got back from CodeGear:

When you buy a JBuilder 2007 license, we include a JBuilder 2006 license
in the box. You are legally allowed to distribute things referenced in
the /redist dir according to the .html file and those aforementioned
pieces are part of that agreement. You may also convert/migrate your old
apps to JB2007. The simple answer is yes, no problem.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.www.datadevelopment.com/

Please see Borland's newsgroup guidelines atinfo.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
Ok thanx for getting back, but what I am mostly concerned about is the
support of those 2006 components in 2007? There are bugs creeping into
the 2006 jdb components from java 1.6. And from my impression with the
move to 2007 the 2006 dbaware components are going to be supported. If
they are not going to be developing or bug fixing with them, then what
is the alternative I am offered for these components in 2007?