remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

2003-08-30 03:11:21 AM
jbuilder19
I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now. Pretty much
followed all the docs I could find on edocs.bea.com
(edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html)
and borland
(info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html)
and now bea tech support tells me that it's not possible, and refers me
to a newsgroups article for jBuilder 4/5. Is there a HOWTO out there
that I'm missing?
Thanks,
Dave

Re:remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

JB wrote:
I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now. Pretty much
followed all the docs I could find on edocs.bea.com
(edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html)
and borland
(info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html)

and now bea tech support tells me that it's not possible, and refers me
to a newsgroups article for jBuilder 4/5. Is there a HOWTO out there
that I'm missing?
Thanks,
Dave

You've "been trying to get this to work"... So... what is it that isn't
working? Error messages, etc?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

Well, let's see. I start jbuilder, create a runtime configuration,
specify remote debugging (checked) set it to "attach" instaed of launch,
start weblogic on my local machine (port 7001, dt_socket, 8888) and then
hit the "step" button.
(This is a Webapp, with JSPs servlets and beans)
I get the following error messages from "Build Project":
<Invalid JSP param name in in weblogic.xml: debug>
weblogic.xml.dom.DOMProcessingException
and then the IDE hangs and I have to use windows task manager to end the
task. It does not appear to be an out of memory condition.
thanks!
Dave
Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
JB wrote:

>I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now. Pretty
>much followed all the docs I could find on edocs.bea.com
>(edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html)
>and borland
>(info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html)
>
>and now bea tech support tells me that it's not possible, and refers
>me to a newsgroups article for jBuilder 4/5. Is there a HOWTO out
>there that I'm missing?
>Thanks,
>Dave

You've "been trying to get this to work"... So... what is it that isn't
working? Error messages, etc?

{smallsort}

Re:remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

The JSP param it's complaining about is one I put in, following the
instructions at
info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html
so, ok, that's jbuilder9 and I'm running jb ent 7 - I take that out...
Then what happens is,
I get a clean compile, but the application (the IDE, that is, not my
code :-D) hangs and I once again have to shut it down using task manager.
Thanks,
Dave

Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:

>JB wrote:
>
>>I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now. Pretty
>>much followed all the docs I could find on edocs.bea.com
>>(edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html)
>>and borland
>>(info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html)
>>
>>and now bea tech support tells me that it's not possible, and refers
>>me to a newsgroups article for jBuilder 4/5. Is there a HOWTO out
>>there that I'm missing?
>>Thanks,
>>Dave
>>

>You've "been trying to get this to work"... So... what is it that
>isn't working? Error messages, etc?

Re:remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

hitting "reply" again because of misconfigured mail client (sorry).

JB wrote:

>Well, let's see. I start jbuilder, create a runtime configuration,
>specify remote debugging (checked) set it to "attach" instaed of launch,
>start weblogic on my local machine (port 7001, dt_socket, 8888) and
>then hit the "step" button.
>(This is a Webapp, with JSPs servlets and beans)
>I get the following error messages from "Build Project":
><Invalid JSP param name in in weblogic.xml: debug>
>weblogic.xml.dom.DOMProcessingException
>and then the IDE hangs and I have to use windows task manager to end
>the task. It does not appear to be an out of memory condition.
>thanks!
>Dave
>

>Lori M Olson (TeamB) wrote:
>
>>JB wrote:
>>
>>>I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now. Pretty
>>>much followed all the docs I could find on edocs.bea.com
>>>(edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/faq/server.html)
>>>and borland
>>>(info.borland.com/techpubs/jbuilder/jbuilder9_bea/j2eeapps/setup_weblogic.html)
>>>
>>>and now bea tech support tells me that it's not possible, and refers
>>>me to a newsgroups article for jBuilder 4/5. Is there a HOWTO out
>>>there that I'm missing?
>>>Thanks,
>>>Dave
>>>

>>You've "been trying to get this to work"... So... what is it that
>>isn't working? Error messages, etc?

Re:remote debugging: jbuilder 7 and weblogic 6.1

Hi Dave,
create a runtime configuration
specify remote debugging (checked) set it to "attach" instead of launch,
What type of runtime configuration do you use ? Could you try with Application type instead
of Server type ?
Thanks
Hin