Debugging Jbuilder X Enterprise Project Group

2004-10-01 12:36:50 AM
jbuilder9
Hi,
I am using JBuilder X Enterprise and have set up a project group consisting
of 4 projects. The "main" project in this group has dependencies on other
projects within the group, which are added in the required libraries. The
main project and its dependencies build and run fine. I can set breakpoints
in my main project no problem, but breakpoints in all the other projects
within the group do not get caught. Is the way I am trying to debug
supported in JBX? If so, what do I need to do to set up my project group
correctly for multi project debugging?
Thanks,
Jared

Re:Debugging Jbuilder X Enterprise Project Group

On 9/30/2004 at 12:36:50 PM, Jared Checkley wrote:
I am using JBuilder X Enterprise and have set up a project group
consisting of 4 projects. The "main" project in this group has
dependencies on other projects within the group, which are added
in the required libraries. The main project and its dependencies
build and run fine. I can set breakpoints in my main project no
problem, but breakpoints in all the other projects within the group
do not get caught.
Breakpoints in JBuilder belong to the *project*, not the project group.
So if you set a breakpoint in a given class in Project2, it has no effect
when you are running Project1.
You can set a breakpoint in a class that belongs to Project2, *from*
Project1. To do this by clicking in the left margin, you need to open the
file *within* Project1. You can do this using the File | Open command, by
creating a directory view in the project pane and opening it there, or by
stepping into it. You can also set breakpoints in a class using one of
the Run | Add BreakPoint menu items.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]