unable to debug into JSPs

2004-04-24 03:11:36 AM
jbuilder19
I've been debugging some JSPs and servlets lately and have found out the
hard way that I can't seem to get any debug info on JSPs. Is this something
new? I was able to do this with JB9Ent, but I can't seem to do it in JBXEnt
(with the latest patches). Are there any patches planned for this?
Thanks.

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

Would you please provide more detailed information for it? The steps and a
simple sample will help for us to repro the case.
Thank you,
Guiling
"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I've been debugging some JSPs and servlets lately and have found out the
hard way that I can't seem to get any debug info on JSPs. Is this
something
new? I was able to do this with JB9Ent, but I can't seem to do it in
JBXEnt
(with the latest patches). Are there any patches planned for this?

Thanks.

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

simple sample will help for us to repro the case.
I created a very simple JSP off the root of my webapp, put in two loops (one
populates an array of 100 elements) and another one iterates through it) and
I'm unable to see any of the values when I debug into it.
Would having a different JVM from JB cause this? It seems like it's
something like the unable to debug into Tomcat JSPs. We're using WLS 812
though.

{smallsort}

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

What JVM version are you using and on what platform?
"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>simple sample will help for us to repro the case.
I created a very simple JSP off the root of my webapp, put in two loops
(one
populates an array of 100 elements) and another one iterates through it)
and
I'm unable to see any of the values when I debug into it.

Would having a different JVM from JB cause this? It seems like it's
something like the unable to debug into Tomcat JSPs. We're using WLS 812
though.

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

Can you also ensure that you JSP compilation turned on in JBuilder
(Project|Project Properties. Build)

"Flip" <[remove] XXXX@XXXXX.COM >writes:
I created a very simple JSP off the root of my webapp, put in two loops (one
populates an array of 100 elements) and another one iterates through it) and
I'm unable to see any of the values when I debug into it.
Which container? Remember that it's the container that is responsible
for compiling with debugging support.

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

Lots of questions. :>Thank you for your help. I started off the questions
hoping there was an easy answer, but, I guess there is something specific
with our environment that's causing this.
We're using JBX Ent with WLS812 with the latest patches for JB and WLS. The
JVM is 1.4.2_03 and it's localling installed. The settings are turned on
for Check JSPs for errors at build-time, and Generate source to output path.
I think that's most of the questions. I hope that helps.

Re:unable to debug into JSPs

Would you please provide the following info:
1. How do you start debug session? Using context menu web debug or Run |
Debug project?
2. Local or Remote debugging?
3. After starting debug session, would you please open weblogic.xml and
paste the code between <jsp-descriptor>..</jsp-descriptor>to us?
4. If it is okay, could you provide some images of the runtime configuration
setting which you used?