CPU hogging issue

2004-05-26 12:15:54 AM
jbuilder12
When I open JBuilder, it uses a constant rate of 15% of my CPU.
When I open a project, the usage goes to 80% or more. It causes bad performance for my system.
Any known fix for this?

Re:CPU hogging issue

On 25 May 2004 09:15:54 -0700, "Steve" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:

When I open JBuilder, it uses a constant rate of 15% of my CPU.

When I open a project, the usage goes to 80% or more. It causes bad performance for my system.

Any known fix for this?
Could you tell us more about your system configuration (CPU, RAM, OS)?
I'm not seeing these issues and I run JBuilder X daily...
Thanks.
Save yourself some time and check these sites:
Borland Newsgroup Search:
Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic:

Re:CPU hogging issue

wrote:

>When I open JBuilder, it uses a constant rate of 15% of my CPU.
>
>When I open a project, the usage goes to 80% or more. It causes bad performance for my system.
>
>Any known fix for this?

Could you tell us more about your system configuration (CPU, RAM, OS)?
I'm not seeing these issues and I run JBuilder X daily...
Pentium III
512 MB RAM
10 GB Drive
Windows 2K SP 2 Build 2195

{smallsort}

Re:CPU hogging issue

On 25 May 2004 15:31:41 -0700, "Steve" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
wrote:
Pentium III
512 MB RAM
10 GB Drive
Windows 2K SP 2 Build 2195
What's the speed of the P3 in Mhz?
Also, why are you running 2k SP2 when SP4 has been out for well over a
year?
512MB of RAM on a P3-450 (just guessing that's what you have) will not
produce stellar performance. Upgrade to 768MB would help quite a bit.
I'm thinking the reason you're seeing the CPU get hogged is all the
memory shuffling between Win2k and JBuilder.
Also, what version of JBuilder is this? JBX?