Board index » jbuilder » display javadoc

display javadoc


2004-03-01 11:55:45 PM
jbuilder18
Hi-
Is there a way to pop-up the javadoc for a method while you're editing?
For example, if you put your cursor on a method, press ctrl-q (or
whatever) and have the javadoc displayed for that method?
Thanks
-Doug
 
 

Re:display javadoc

none wrote:
Quote
Is there a way to pop-up the javadoc for a method while you're editing?
For example, if you put your cursor on a method, press ctrl-q (or
whatever) and have the javadoc displayed for that method?
You can use F1 to pop it up in a separate window. There is no way to
pop it up in a tooltip window, which is probably what you're asking
about. Productivity Pro adds that feature to JBuilder.
www.softamis.com
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)
 

Re:display javadoc

Thanks, and yes I meant in a tooltip not in a seperate window. Of
course using this add-on, it doesn't navigate to a specific method (if
that's where the cursor is) as does F1. Just can't win.
Are there any other add-on packages for JBuilder that are good?
thanks
-Doug
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
Quote
none wrote:

>Is there a way to pop-up the javadoc for a method while you're
>editing? For example, if you put your cursor on a method, press
>ctrl-q (or whatever) and have the javadoc displayed for that method?


You can use F1 to pop it up in a separate window. There is no way to
pop it up in a tooltip window, which is probably what you're asking
about. Productivity Pro adds that feature to JBuilder.

www.softamis.com

 

{smallsort}

Re:display javadoc

none wrote:
Quote
Thanks, and yes I meant in a tooltip not in a seperate window. Of
course using this add-on, it doesn't navigate to a specific method (if
that's where the cursor is) as does F1. Just can't win.
Are you sure? I haven't used Productivity, but their screenshots and
documentation make it sound like it displays only the relevant portion
of the javadoc. In particular, look at
www.jproductivity.com/products/productivity/doc/html/tools/help_insight.html
Quote
Are there any other add-on packages for JBuilder that are good?
CodeCentral has an extensive list of OpenTools.
codecentral.borland.com
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)
 

Re:display javadoc

Apparently I got it into some odd state by having the license file in
the .borland directory not .jbuilderx directory. It was showing me the
ENTIRE javadoc for the class in the popup, leaving me at the class
hierarchy at the very top. It now does behave as the screenshot indicates.
Thanks
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
Quote
none wrote:

>Thanks, and yes I meant in a tooltip not in a seperate window. Of
>course using this add-on, it doesn't navigate to a specific method (if
>that's where the cursor is) as does F1. Just can't win.


Are you sure? I haven't used Productivity, but their screenshots and
documentation make it sound like it displays only the relevant portion
of the javadoc. In particular, look at

www.jproductivity.com/products/productivity/doc/html/tools/help_insight.html


>Are there any other add-on packages for JBuilder that are good?


CodeCentral has an extensive list of OpenTools.

codecentral.borland.com

 

Re:display javadoc

Hi,
Yes, you're right. Help.Insight shows only required part of whole
documentation and you can constantly get access to it from the built-in
Member Insight and from all Productivity! tools those show classes or
class members someway.
Gregory Ledenev.
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
Quote
none wrote:

>Thanks, and yes I meant in a tooltip not in a seperate window. Of
>course using this add-on, it doesn't navigate to a specific method (if
>that's where the cursor is) as does F1. Just can't win.


Are you sure? I haven't used Productivity, but their screenshots and
documentation make it sound like it displays only the relevant portion
of the javadoc. In particular, look at

www.jproductivity.com/products/productivity/doc/html/tools/help_insight.html


>Are there any other add-on packages for JBuilder that are good?


CodeCentral has an extensive list of OpenTools.

codecentral.borland.com