Re: Wierd bug in JBuilder X in override method wizard in an anonymousinnerclass.

2005-05-27 11:20:45 AM
jbuilder23
It is not really reproducible. I tried the following snipped:
<code>
import org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler;
import org.apache.xerces.xs.XSAnnotation;
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;
import org.xml.sax.Attributes;
public class Test {
public static class AnnotationInfo {
public final XSAnnotation ann;
public final StringBuffer defs=new StringBuffer();
public AnnotationInfo(XSAnnotation ann) {
this.ann=ann;
ann.writeAnnotation(new DefaultHandler() {
private int mode=0;
public void startElement(String namespaceURI, String localName,
String qName, Attributes atts) throws SAXException {
}
}, XSAnnotation.SAX_CONTENTHANDLER);
}
}
}
</code>
And at the first, the wizard decided that "new DefaultHandler() {}"
class is inherited from Object (not as spectacular as in the first case,
but close), then I deleted some code, and the base class was recognized
correctly. Then I rolled the changes back and the wizard worked without
any problems. I think there can be a race condition with background
compilation. I am using patched JBuilder X on Linux.
- Alexey.
Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:

>The wizard offered to override the following:
>
>- colors
>- blue
>- violet
>- red
>- yellow
>- sports
>- basketball
>- soccer
>- football
>- hockey
>- food
>- hot dogs
>- pizza
>- ravioli
>- bananas
>
>I will go page Dr. Freud...
>
>- Alexey.

LOL. I don't suppose you can repeat the steps that made that happen?
It'll make a pretty darn funny bug report if you can.

/ Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/
/

Re:Re: Wierd bug in JBuilder X in override method wizard in an anonymousinnerclass.

Even when the wizard shows a correct list of methods to override, it
still does nothing. I think it cannot find a place in the source file
where to add those methods.
- Alexey.

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko