ide browser oddity

2006-11-23 12:56:08 AM
jbuilder21
Hello
I know that the built-in browser is not the one to test with, however in
this case it is superior to the regular browsers. Can someone help me
understand this:
I have a very simple action that creates a text file in the java
temporary directory, then forwards to a jsp that opens the file. It
works perfectly in the IDE browser. Much to my utter amazement, it
fails to open and display the document in IE or FF. However, to add
mystery, if I copy the source create a new file and open that file
manually in the IE or FF it works perfectly!!!
This sounded like a flush issue, so I tried a response.flushBuffer() and
that had no affect.
So does anyone know what the IDE browser does that allows it to
successfully display a forward the the commodity browsers do not? tia

Re:ide browser oddity

cpanon wrote:
Hello
I know that the built-in browser is not the one to test with, however in
this case it is superior to the regular browsers. Can someone help me
understand this:

I have a very simple action that creates a text file in the java
temporary directory, then forwards to a jsp that opens the file. It
works perfectly in the IDE browser. Much to my utter amazement, it
fails to open and display the document in IE or FF. However, to add
mystery, if I copy the source create a new file and open that file
manually in the IE or FF it works perfectly!!!

This sounded like a flush issue, so I tried a response.flushBuffer() and
that had no affect.

So does anyone know what the IDE browser does that allows it to
successfully display a forward the the commodity browsers do not? tia
I do not know if you have any developer plugins for Firefox (like
Firebug, etc), but if not, I would get them and see what errors are
displayed.

Re:ide browser oddity

Hi
Thanks. I had to write a little image servlet which broke in the IDE
but worked in the production browsers. An example of the tool doing too
much and providing a false positive, silently.
Paul Nichols [TeamB] wrote:
cpanon wrote:
>Hello
>I know that the built-in browser is not the one to test with, however
>in this case it is superior to the regular browsers. Can someone help
>me understand this:
>
>I have a very simple action that creates a text file in the java
>temporary directory, then forwards to a jsp that opens the file. It
>works perfectly in the IDE browser. Much to my utter amazement, it
>fails to open and display the document in IE or FF. However, to add
>mystery, if I copy the source create a new file and open that file
>manually in the IE or FF it works perfectly!!!
>
>This sounded like a flush issue, so I tried a response.flushBuffer()
>and that had no affect.
>
>So does anyone know what the IDE browser does that allows it to
>successfully display a forward the the commodity browsers do not? tia

I do not know if you have any developer plugins for Firefox (like
Firebug, etc), but if not, I would get them and see what errors are
displayed.

{smallsort}