Using JBuilder for JNI

2006-10-23 12:05:44 PM
jbuilder13
Is there a way to make Borland JBuilder 2005 compiler and create the necessary C/C++ code for using JNI?
See, here's my idea: I want to write a video game, and I've been debating with a scripting language. I never much liked Python or Lua, and although I love writing compilers, that would add a few more months to an already long project. So, instead, if it's possible, I'd like to simply put my game engine into a DLL (and someday later, an SO) and access it through JNI, making Java my "scripting language".
Currently, the only way I know of to create JNI classes is from the command line, but is there a way to set up Borland JBuilder to create all this code for me? Thanks in advance!

Re:Using JBuilder for JNI

JBuilder can call ANT build scripts and ANT can compile C++. See
Ant-Contrib for more information: ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/ .
- Alexey.

--
Alexey N. Solofnenko
home: trelony.cjb.net/

Re:Using JBuilder for JNI

JBuilder allows you to right-click on a Java file and set flags which are
passed through to javah.exe during a build to create a .h file. JBuilder
will show this generated file to you in the Package Explorer as a child node
under your Java file.
"Nychold" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

Is there a way to make Borland JBuilder 2005 compiler and create the
necessary C/C++ code for using JNI?

See, here's my idea: I want to write a video game, and I've been debating
with a scripting language. I never much liked Python or Lua, and although
I love writing compilers, that would add a few more months to an already
long project. So, instead, if it's possible, I'd like to simply put my
game engine into a DLL (and someday later, an SO) and access it through
JNI, making Java my "scripting language".

Currently, the only way I know of to create JNI classes is from the
command line, but is there a way to set up Borland JBuilder to create all
this code for me? Thanks in advance!

{smallsort}