Updating JBuilder 9 Personal boot JDK

2003-08-12 11:55:45 PM
jbuilder5
I am running JBuilder 9 under linux with the Nokia Development suite.
The nokia plugins require JDK1.4.2 to properly startup without{*word*154}.
When I try to update the jdk.config file with the location of the 1.4.2 JDK directory, everything starts fine, but when I try to build a simple project (even the Welcome project) I get an error: package java.lang could not be found.
I tried linking the jdk1.4 directory from the JBuilder install directory to the java 1.4.2 home, but that didn't work either.
Any suggestions?
- Brandon Myers

Re:Updating JBuilder 9 Personal boot JDK

Brandon Myers wrote:
It seems that previous versions of JBuilder supported what I need to do:
Update JBuilder 4 IDE to use 1.3.1
No, they don't. Try running JB4 on top of 1.4.2.
They *might* (operative word) support incremental revisions within the
same series, *if* Sun has not twiddled any part of Swing or AWT
internals (as happened, or did not, between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1).
Unfortunately, between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, there have been substantial
Swing internals changes - enough to break JBuilder.
And while we understand that your particular application needs JB to run
on 1.4.2, that still doesn't change the fact that:
(a) JB8 or JB9 will not run on 1.4.2, and
(b) Reading the FAQ-o-Matic would have told you this up front.
That's hardly rude. Rude is excoriating those unpaid helpers who are
tired of answering the same basic questions for each new person who
barges in *demanding* immediate free help and refuses to do anything up
front to figure out the answers for themselves..
Hey, there is paid support available to you if you want it - they are
paid to answer the same basic questions over and over and over and over
and over and over and ..., and will gladly do it for you..

Re:Updating JBuilder 9 Personal boot JDK

"Brandon Myers" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
That's just rude. I have been searching, and am continuing to do so.
If it's your standard tag-line... then you must really be fed-up.
groups.google.com/groups
Or equivalently:
tinyurl.com/jt12
--