Icons for Native Executables

2004-02-28 12:40:56 AM
jbuilder5
I am creating native executables (abc.exe,abcW.exe) using JBuilderX, and
everything is working great. However, I would like to specify the icons
that are associated with these executables and that are displayed in Windows
explorer instead of the Console icon (for abc.exe) and the JBuilder icon
(for abcW.exe). It seems that JBuilder is adding these icons to the exe's
and I can't find any way to set them in JBuilder. Any suggestions are
appreciated.
fwa

Re:Icons for Native Executables

Forest W Arnold wrote:
However, I would like to specify the icons
that are associated with these executables and that are displayed in Windows
explorer instead of the Console icon (for abc.exe) and the JBuilder icon
(for abcW.exe).
There's no way to do that from within JBuilder. You could edit the file
separately with some kind of icon editor and maybe even integrate that
step via Ant, however ...
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27562,00.html
Con:
* This says you aren't allowed to change the icon
Pro:
* It also says there is no official licensing
* It was written before the "Native Executable Builder" became a
feature, so it might not be valid anymore.
Draw your own conclusions.
--
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB)

Re:Icons for Native Executables

Hi,
I'd like to suggest using exe4j tool for this work
www.ej-technologies.com/products/exe4j/overview.html
It's not free but works excellently and provides ability to customize
your .exe as much as you wish.
Gregory.
Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
Forest W Arnold wrote:

>However, I would like to specify the icons
>that are associated with these executables and that are displayed in
>Windows
>explorer instead of the Console icon (for abc.exe) and the JBuilder icon
>(for abcW.exe).

There's no way to do that from within JBuilder. You could edit the file
separately with some kind of icon editor and maybe even integrate that
step via Ant, however ...

community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27562,00.html

Con:

* This says you aren't allowed to change the icon

Pro:

* It also says there is no official licensing

* It was written before the "Native Executable Builder" became a
feature, so it might not be valid anymore.

Draw your own conclusions.

{smallsort}

Re:Icons for Native Executables

Thanks for the info!

Gillmer J. Derge (TeamB) wrote:
>Forest W Arnold wrote:
>
>>However, I would like to specify the icons
>>that are associated with these executables and that are displayed in
>>Windows
>>explorer instead of the Console icon (for abc.exe) and the JBuilder
icon
>>(for abcW.exe).
>

>There's no way to do that from within JBuilder. You could edit the file
>separately with some kind of icon editor and maybe even integrate that
>step via Ant, however ...
>
>community.borland.com/article/0,1410,27562,00.html
>
>Con:
>
>* This says you aren't allowed to change the icon
>
>Pro:
>
>* It also says there is no official licensing
>
>* It was written before the "Native Executable Builder" became a
>feature, so it might not be valid anymore.
>
>Draw your own conclusions.

Re:Icons for Native Executables

For Windows you also can try JMadex 1.2 (GNU General Public License)
from www.olison.com/