2005 GUI Designer bug...

2005-06-02 03:50:31 PM
jbuilder21
Hi,
Any date the patch will come out ?
Thanks

Re:2005 GUI Designer bug...

ivan wrote:

Any date the patch will come out ?

Thanks
There have been 4 updates. Have you downloaded and installed the latest?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:2005 GUI Designer bug...

sorry... i forgot to mention that... I'm using update 4...
and this error still exist...
Warning: cannot set "xxTitle" property for this -- java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
Any ideas ?
This is serious... we cant use the GUI designer.... if we must use the GUI designer... we cannot run the project... once we
run it... that error will shown and that property value will
erase...
Thanks

"ivan" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

sorry... i forgot to mention that... I'm using update 4...
and this error still exist...

Warning: cannot set "xxTitle" property for this --
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring
class

Any ideas ?

Are you sure that the property you are attempting to set on this component
is owned by the class and not its container?
JB 2005 does not (as past versions) always declare objects as part of the
class itself (look carefully at the jbInit()).
Sometimes, the components are children of the container, which itself may be
part of the class, but the children are not always a part of the class.
Therefore, if you attempt to set a property outside the scope of the
declaration, you will get an error like the one you are describing.

Re:2005 GUI Designer bug...

Sorry for my late repply i was outstation.
thanks, i will look into that.

news:429f209c$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>sorry... i forgot to mention that... I'm using update 4...
>and this error still exist...
>
>Warning: cannot set "xxTitle" property for this --
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring
class

>Any ideas ?

Are you sure that the property you are attempting to set on this component
is owned by the class and not its container?

JB 2005 does not (as past versions) always declare objects as part of the
class itself (look carefully at the jbInit()).

Sometimes, the components are children of the container, which itself may be
part of the class, but the children are not always a part of the class.
Therefore, if you attempt to set a property outside the scope of the
declaration, you will get an error like the one you are describing.

Re:2005 GUI Designer bug...

hmm.... i tested but i still cant find the problem...
basically what happen in xxTitle is, it just call this.setTitle() nothing else... why this thing happen ?
public void setxxTitle( String title ){
this.setTitle( title );
}
public String getxxTitle(){