JPanel or JFrame?

2004-07-20 10:28:01 AM
jbuilder15
Dear All,
What is the different between both of them, JPanel and JFrame?
Regards,
Gunawan

Re:JPanel or JFrame?

Gunawan wrote:
Dear All,
What is the different between both of them, JPanel and JFrame?
The JavaDoc (accessible from the "Doc" tab after drilling down
in to the respective classes) should provide the answer. Was that
insufficient?
Also, are you avoiding buying a good book on Swing? If so,
why are you spending a dime (asking in newsgroups) to
save a nickel?
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:JPanel or JFrame?

Paul,
Asking people who have experienced in Java area would be better and faster.
I agree with you that we should have not just a book but some books to gain
the knowledge.
But how many books, or how many pages that you could read in an hour where
English is not your mother tounge?
and also we have to get more practice to sharpen our skill.
from your answer or people like you that knowing Java better than me, I hope
I could
get something from you all. You could point me to the documentation that we
(newbie) need.
Thank you and regards,
Gunawan
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Gunawan wrote:

>Dear All,
>What is the different between both of them, JPanel and JFrame?

The JavaDoc (accessible from the "Doc" tab after drilling down
in to the respective classes) should provide the answer. Was that
insufficient?

Also, are you avoiding buying a good book on Swing? If so,
why are you spending a dime (asking in newsgroups) to
save a nickel?

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:JPanel or JFrame?

Gunawan wrote:
Paul,
Asking people who have experienced in Java area would be better and faster.
I agree with you that we should have not just a book but some books to gain
the knowledge.
But how many books, or how many pages that you could read in an hour where
English is not your mother tounge?
and also we have to get more practice to sharpen our skill.
from your answer or people like you that knowing Java better than me, I hope
I could
get something from you all. You could point me to the documentation that we
(newbie) need.
Thank you and regards,
Gunawan

Start with the Java Swing tutorial. Look for JPanel and JFrame in it.
java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:JPanel or JFrame?

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in
Gunawan wrote:

>Paul,
>Asking people who have experienced in Java area ... You could point
>me to the documentation that we (newbie) need.
>Thank you and regards,
>Gunawan

Start with the Java Swing tutorial. Look for JPanel and JFrame in it.

java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/
Sun has some GREAT on-line documentation. You might also want to read
the documents that come with NetBeans. I just wish that JBuilder imported
NetBeans projects directly. I have some old projects I'd like to port over
to JBuilder, easily, so I could have it generate some UML diagrams for me.
P.S. - Both are containers but JFrames are a top-level GUI objects.
JPanels are instantiated within JFrames or JApplets. You can have
several JPanels within the same JFrame. I often do so myself.