JBuilder 7 Always Asking For Key

2003-07-15 04:42:32 AM
jbuilder20
Hi, I have a problem with JBuilder 7 asking for the licence key every time I
start the program. I originally installed JBuilder 7 Enterprise as a trail
version and then upgraded with the purchase of a licence. The installation
has worked fine for about 7 months until recently when my computer crashed
while JBuilder was running. My computer rebooted OK however, every time I
start JBuilder I have to re-install the key. Any suggestions?
P.S. this *is* a legit installation of JBuilder.

Re:JBuilder 7 Always Asking For Key

On 7/14/2003 at 4:42:32 PM, Brett Sheeran wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with JBuilder 7 asking for the licence key
every time I start the program.
It is probably related to the borland.lic file in .borland directory
in your home directory. That is where the license is information is
stored. You might see symptoms like this if JBuilder is unable to
write to the license file (although I thought it would show an error
dialog if that were the case), or of something external is wiping out
the contents of the directory.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]