JB 2005 Enterprise License error

2004-11-18 05:06:24 AM
jbuilder2
Hi,
Our company is planning to buy a new copy of JBuilder 2005 Enterprise for me in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I installed the software from a CD of a coworker and I applied for a trial license on your website. I got an email with an activation file called reg543.txt. Since I am on Windows XP, I put that file in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>folder. But when I start JBuilder and choose that activation file I get the following error:
"Selected activation file does not match JBuilder 2005 Enterprise"
Does anyone know what could be wrong? I am pretty sure that the license I downloaded was for JBuilder 2005 Enterprise.
Thanks,
Srini.

Re:JB 2005 Enterprise License error

Srini wrote:

Our company is planning to buy a new copy of JBuilder 2005 Enterprise
for me in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I installed the software from a CD of a
coworker and I applied for a trial license on your website. I got an
email with an activation file called reg543.txt. Since I am on
Windows XP, I put that file in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>
folder. But when I start JBuilder and choose that activation file I
get the following error:

"Selected activation file does not match JBuilder 2005 Enterprise"

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I am pretty sure that the
license I downloaded was for JBuilder 2005 Enterprise.

Thanks, Srini.

The license manager is preventing you from using a license that was
intended for the Enterprise Trial edition on the Enterprise edition.
Functionally these editions are similar but not identical, and the
license manager is enforcing a restriction to prevent you from doing
exactly what you are trying to do.
You can use an Enterprise key to activate an Enterprise Trial edition,
but not vis versa.
If you want to use that key, you will have to uninstall Enterprise, and
then download and install Enterprise Trial.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]