Foundation Install Question

2004-06-27 02:42:02 AM
jbuilder24
Hi. I've downloaded the Foundation zip file and 3 documentation zip files
(docs, examples, extras), and put them in a folder directly under c:\. My
question is how to install everything. There's an fnd_install.exe in the
jbx_windows.zip and I'm assuming that that will install the ide. In regards
to the ide install and the docs install, these zip files are going to be
opened with winzip and I don't want them all conglomerated together, which
is how they'd be right now, since I've got all the zips in one folder. What
kind of directory structure should I be putting these zip files in before
opening, extracting, and installing them? Better yet, if this question
sounds idiotic, is there a step by step procedure somewhere that details
installing Foundation and the docs? TIA

Re:Foundation Install Question

Edward H. Fabrega wrote:
Hi. I've downloaded the Foundation zip file and 3 documentation zip files
(docs, examples, extras), and put them in a folder directly under c:\. My
question is how to install everything. There's an fnd_install.exe in the
jbx_windows.zip and I'm assuming that that will install the ide. In regards
to the ide install and the docs install, these zip files are going to be
opened with winzip and I don't want them all conglomerated together, which
is how they'd be right now, since I've got all the zips in one folder. What
kind of directory structure should I be putting these zip files in before
opening, extracting, and installing them? Better yet, if this question
sounds idiotic, is there a step by step procedure somewhere that details
installing Foundation and the docs? TIA

On Windows, all those zip files contain "install" programs. So don't
worry about it, you will get a chance to tell it where to install (but
remember NO SPACES in the directory name of the install directory). I'd
just unzip them into C:\TEMP and go from there.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]