help... trying to install trial version of JBuilder X Enterprise - WebLogic edition

2004-10-05 01:59:45 AM
jbuilder18
Help,
I'm trying to install JBuilder X Enterprise - WebLogic edition and it won't accept the registration file that was emailed to me.
When I start the program, the Registration Wizard asks for a serial number or activation file.
I point it to the activation file that was emailed to me, but then it asks returns to the same screen and asks for the file again....
I suspect that the activation file is for JBuilder X Enterprise WITHOUT WebLogic edition... and that it finds the activation file unacceptable, but does not say this...
I'm trying to port a simple project from WSAD to WebLogic to see how difficult it is to port a larger project...
thanks,
clay

Re:help... trying to install trial version of JBuilder X Enterprise - WebLogic edition

clay wrote:
Help,

I'm trying to install JBuilder X Enterprise - WebLogic edition and it
won't accept the registration file that was emailed to me.

When I start the program, the Registration Wizard asks for a serial
number or activation file.

I point it to the activation file that was emailed to me, but then it
asks returns to the same screen and asks for the file again....

I suspect that the activation file is for JBuilder X Enterprise
WITHOUT WebLogic edition... and that it finds the activation file
unacceptable, but does not say this...

I'm trying to port a simple project from WSAD to WebLogic to see how
difficult it is to port a larger project...

thanks, clay

Where did you get the registration file from? If you are attempting to
register the WebLogic edition with a trial key from the straight
Enterprise edition product, then it will not work.
Note that you should not have to "point" the Registration wizard at
anything. If you put the registration file in the correct place (your
home directory), then the license manager will find it automatically.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]