CodeGear position on DataExpress/dbSwing

2007-04-25 09:37:29 PM
jbuilder2
Here is CodeGear's position on the use of DataExpress/dbSwing in JBuilder
2007:
<quote>
When you buy a JBuilder 2007 license, we include a JBuilder 2006 license
in the box. You are legally allowed to distribute things referenced in
the /redist dir according to the .html file and those aforementioned
pieces are part of that agreement. You may also convert/migrate your old
apps to JB2007. The simple answer is yes, no problem.
</quote>
It is worth noting, however, that no development effort has been put into
these components for a number of years and they're out of technical support.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:CodeGear position on DataExpress/dbSwing

On Apr 25, 8:37 am, "Kevin Dean [TeamB]"
< XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Here is CodeGear's position on the use of DataExpress/dbSwing in JBuilder
2007:

<quote>
When you buy a JBuilder 2007 license, we include a JBuilder 2006 license
in the box. You are legally allowed to distribute things referenced in
the /redist dir according to the .html file and those aforementioned
pieces are part of that agreement. You may also convert/migrate your old
apps to JB2007. The simple answer is yes, no problem.
</quote>

It is worth noting, however, that no development effort has been put into
these components for a number of years and they're out of technical support.

--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.www.datadevelopment.com/

Please see Borland's newsgroup guidelines atinfo.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html
So I'm assuming this means that they are phasing out the DataExpress
components and we should forget using them and stay strictly to the
JDBC API? What a shame :(
That's why we bought JBuilder and JDataStore--for ease of
development...
-mark