InitServlet Problem

2006-02-12 01:04:18 AM
jbuilder3
I have a servlet which is loaded when my web application starts..its
configured in the web.xml file on the load-on-startup attribute. There are
several processes whcih are started from within this servlet..some rely on
database connections.
Im using tomcat to pool my db connections...my problem is sometimes the
initServlet is initialized before tomcat finishes creating the connection
pool for the web application context...the data source is configured for
each context...now because no connections is available..sometimes my process
does not start
are there any delaying capability when loading the servlet in this
manner..or do i need to add a sleep functionality...I dnt want to stop the
application from loading but I need a way to insure that these objects are
created.
thanks