Accessing database on an AS400 via JDBC-ODBC

2003-09-19 10:50:01 PM
jbuilder14
I am new to JBuilder 8. I need to do some development from an AS400 DB2 database. I have added the JDBC - ODBC drive and have added it to my project. I have tested the connection to the database and it does connect successfully. My question is how can I speed up the retrieval of the 'Available Columns' in the 'SQL Builder' tool? I have not been able to get back the columns because it takes too long.

Re:Accessing database on an AS400 via JDBC-ODBC

You need to contact IBM and get their JDBC driver for DB2. You are never
going to get good performance from the JDBC-ODBC driver.
Mike

news:3f6b1799$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

>I am new to JBuilder 8. I need to do some development from an AS400 DB2
database. I have added the JDBC - ODBC drive and have added it to my
project. I have tested the connection to the database and it does connect
successfully. My question is how can I speed up the retrieval of the
'Available Columns' in the 'SQL Builder' tool? I have not been able to get
back the columns because it takes too long.

Will do. Thanks for the info.

{smallsort}