JBuilder 2007 and BAS 6.6 setup

2007-09-24 05:41:40 AM
jbuilder2
Hi,
How do I setup JBuilder 2007 with s server runtime for BAS 6.6.
I have BAS 6.6 installed and JBuilder 2007 installed.

Re:JBuilder 2007 and BAS 6.6 setup

DK wrote:
How do I setup JBuilder 2007 with s server runtime for BAS 6.6.

I have BAS 6.6 installed and JBuilder 2007 installed.
You need JBuilder 2007 R2 to use BAS 6.6.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:JBuilder 2007 and BAS 6.6 setup

Thanks for your quick response.
I downloaded Turbo JBuilder 2007 r2 for Windows Multi-language
from cc.codegear.com/free/jbuilder
JBuilder 2007
Turbo
License: Permanent
Build: v20070614_1537
The documentation that comes with it says:
The following products are supported by JBuilder 2007 but must be purchased separately to be used as runtime
servers:
Borland Application Server 6.6 or 6.7, with Tibco or OpenJMS
I have BAS 6.6 installed seperately.
Do I need the Enterprise version of JBuilder 2007 to get the BAS 6.6 Runtime server setup included?
Also is there anywhere I can download previous versions of JBuilder?

{smallsort}

DK wrote:
Do I need the Enterprise version of JBuilder 2007 to get the BAS 6.6
Runtime server setup included?
Yes.
Also is there anywhere I can download previous versions of JBuilder?
No, but the Enterprise license of JBuilder 2007 also includes a license
for JBuilder 2006.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.
www.datadevelopment.com/
info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:JBuilder 2007 and BAS 6.6 setup

Hi Kevin,
I downloaded an installed the Enterprise version.
However only Borland AppServer 6.7 is available.
Will EJBs created against this runtime work on Borland AppServer 6.6 also??

" XXXX@XXXXX.COM " DK wrote:
I downloaded an installed the Enterprise version.

However only Borland AppServer 6.7 is available.

Will EJBs created against this runtime work on Borland AppServer 6.6 also??
That I can't be sure of, as I'm not using BAS 6.X at this time, and
haven't tried it. There typically isn't much difference in minor releases
other than a list of bug fixes, but it's possible that one of the changes
between 6.6 and 6.7 is better interoperability with JBuilder 2007. The
only thing I can suggest at this point is to try it out.