Dataset.post and row corruption problem

2007-01-29 06:24:53 PM
jbuilder10
Hi,
I have a problem with a QueryDataSet. The dataset is a detail dataset of
another one with a masterlink. I am trying to create a new row
programmatically with DataSet.insertRow(), then a bunch of set and finally
DataSet.post(). Things are ok until I do the post() : at that time, the
rowValues are "corrupted" so that my posted row looks like a copy of the row
just before it. There is something that change my row values, but what ?
Note that the QueryDataSet is bound to a JdbTable at that time, and there is
two EditAdapter on it : one that change edit date time, and another that set
the masterlink id column to the right value on row adding. These edit
adapters do nothing else, so I don't think they may be responsible of this
data corruption.
Any idea of what is going on ? I suspect a masterlink subtility or bug
(sometimes it gets difficult to get the right behaviour with it), but I
don't know how to correct this.
Regards.
Nicolas GASNIER.

Re:Dataset.post and row corruption problem

Nicolas,
I know from the back-end Querydataset end, I have never seen a post()
cause what you are describing..
My first guess is that it is related to the "front-end" issues with
JdbTable.. and your EditAdapters..
You will get better help on that by posting your question in the dbswing
section.. (I never use the GUI tools, strictly server back-end stuff)
John..
Nicolas GASNIER wrote:

[...]

TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/paperFAQ.html

Re:Dataset.post and row corruption problem

Thanks for your answer. After a lot of search, I finally found out it was an
EditAdapter that was wrongly witten. For the "adding(DataSet dataSet,
ReadWriteRow row)" event, I did write the values on the DataSet. I changed
the code to set values in the ReadWriteRow, and the problem was solved. This
code was written monthes ago, and was working properly until some changes in
the table structure. I don't know why it worked before, but now I have
learned the lesson...
Nicolas GASNIER
XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...