Packaging docs into Archive

2004-07-28 06:30:30 AM
jbuilder17
Hi,
I want to create one JAR file with my classes and documentation in it.
The only way I can see to do it is to either manually add all the doc files
as a File filter.
Is there no way I can just create a filter like doc/**/*.* and that will
automatically pick up all new documentation files?
Steve

Re:Packaging docs into Archive

SPG wrote:
I want to create one JAR file with my classes and documentation in it.
The only way I can see to do it is to either manually add all the doc
files as a File filter.
Is there no way I can just create a filter like doc/**/*.* and that will
automatically pick up all new documentation files?
From the command line:
jar cf docs.jar doc/*
--
Ruurd

Re:Packaging docs into Archive

Hi Ruurd,
Yes, I gathered that I could do it that way, but seems a shame to
autogenerate my deployment from JB , but then have to do a second pass using
a command line.
Never mind..
Steve
"R.F. Pels" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
SPG wrote:

>I want to create one JAR file with my classes and documentation in it.
>The only way I can see to do it is to either manually add all the doc
>files as a File filter.
>Is there no way I can just create a filter like doc/**/*.* and that will
>automatically pick up all new documentation files?

From the command line:

jar cf docs.jar doc/*

--
Ruurd

{smallsort}

SPG wrote:
Hi Ruurd,

Yes, I gathered that I could do it that way, but seems a shame to
autogenerate my deployment from JB , but then have to do a second pass using
a command line.
Never mind..
Steve
"R.F. Pels" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

>From the command line:
>
>jar cf docs.jar doc/*

Ant. You can do the equivalent of that jar command in an Ant task that
is an integrated part of your build.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]