get a java.net.socket exception network is unavaiable when using jdbc drivers with the debuggger for tomcat

2003-08-20 10:21:57 PM
jbuilder16
I am getting java.net.sql.Socket Exception Network unreachable when trying
to make a connection with a jdbc driver while using the de{*word*81} for
tomcat. If I do not use the de{*word*81} with tomcat I can make a jdbc
connection fine with no problems. What am I doing wrong? My operating
system is suse linux 8.2. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivan

Re:get a java.net.socket exception network is unavaiable when using jdbc drivers with the debuggger for tomcat

Yes I am using mysql. Jbuilder9 seems to be extremely buggy on linux.
Take for instance when I run the de{*word*81} with tomcat everything seems
to work ok (minus the mysql driver) for the first time. But when I shut
down the de{*word*81} and try to launch the de{*word*81} with tomcat a second
time jbuilder9 locks up extremely bad and you have to wait for about 5
minutes or log out of linux.
pnichols wrote:
Rizzman wrote:

>I am getting java.net.sql.Socket Exception Network unreachable when trying
>to make a connection with a jdbc driver while using the de{*word*81} for
>tomcat. If I do not use the de{*word*81} with tomcat I can make a jdbc
>connection fine with no problems. What am I doing wrong? My operating
>system is suse linux 8.2. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Ivan

I have the exact same problems when using mySQL. Is that the driver you are
using?